Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D authorization problems

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
204 Views, 3 Replies

Civil 3D authorization problems

I'm hoping someone from Autodesk will see this - all the auth people say I have to manually authorize every seat either via email or phone... Whether installing directly from CD or from a network installation image, only the first 2 seats out of 28 standalone licenses, (same SN), will authorize over the Internet. How can we get authorization automatically for all our licensed seats? I refuse to believe I have to manually authorize the remaining 26 licenses - they're all from a single serial number. Thanks for any ideas/info. John
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi John, I have the same problem. I talked to my reseller about two weeks ago and they said they would get it corrected, and it still isn't (mine is registered and no one else is using it yet so I just checked). I'll talk to my reseller again and see what the deal is and let you know if I find anything. -- Brian Hailey LDT2005 C3D2005 XP Pro - SP 2 P4 2.8GHz 1.00 GB of RAM "John Schmidt" wrote in message news:41acba3b$1_1@newsprd01... > I'm hoping someone from Autodesk will see this - all the auth people say I > have to manually authorize every seat either via email or phone... > > Whether installing directly from CD or from a network installation image, > only the first 2 seats out of 28 standalone licenses, (same SN), will > authorize over the Internet. How can we get authorization automatically > for > all our licensed seats? I refuse to believe I have to manually authorize > the > remaining 26 licenses - they're all from a single serial number. > > Thanks for any ideas/info. > > John > >
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Please keep us posted. I was scheduling to install 9 seats in the next two weeks with network image... "Brian Hailey" wrote in message news:41acdaa4$1_3@newsprd01... > Hi John, > > I have the same problem. I talked to my reseller about two weeks ago and > they said they would get it corrected, and it still isn't (mine is > registered and no one else is using it yet so I just checked). I'll talk to > my reseller again and see what the deal is and let you know if I find > anything. > > -- > Brian Hailey > LDT2005 > C3D2005 > XP Pro - SP 2 > P4 2.8GHz > 1.00 GB of RAM > > > "John Schmidt" wrote in message > news:41acba3b$1_1@newsprd01... > > I'm hoping someone from Autodesk will see this - all the auth people say I > > have to manually authorize every seat either via email or phone... > > > > Whether installing directly from CD or from a network installation image, > > only the first 2 seats out of 28 standalone licenses, (same SN), will > > authorize over the Internet. How can we get authorization automatically > > for > > all our licensed seats? I refuse to believe I have to manually authorize > > the > > remaining 26 licenses - they're all from a single serial number. > > > > Thanks for any ideas/info. > > > > John > > > > > >
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Well, it looks like Autodesk's left hand isn't talking to its right hand. I spent a bunch more time last week talking with the auth dept, and was told repeatedly that Internet auth for multiseat versions of Civil 3D was different, and that I still had to authorize each individually by sending all the separate request codes. To emphasize, they even told me they just had to do this for 300 seats for a very unhappy customer! I still couldn't believe this was they way it's supposed to be, so I ratcheted it on up the line until I finally got in touch with someone who actually works with the auth database. I was then told what I initially thought - that I should have had one of our 3 serial numbers, (28 seat standalone, and 7 and 3 seat network versions), assigned to the 28 seat version, and it should have been incremented in their database. They did this over the phone, and I'm now able to automatically authorize all standalone seats with no intervention at all, the way it's supposed to be. If you still run into auth telling you that each seat of a multi-seat standalone license has to be individually authorized, drop me an email, and I'll get you the contact info for escalation. John "Matthew Anderson" wrote in message news:41adf08a_1@newsprd01... > Please keep us posted. I was scheduling to install 9 seats in the next two > weeks with network image... > > > "Brian Hailey" wrote in message > news:41acdaa4$1_3@newsprd01... > > Hi John, > > > > I have the same problem. I talked to my reseller about two weeks ago and > > they said they would get it corrected, and it still isn't (mine is > > registered and no one else is using it yet so I just checked). I'll talk > to > > my reseller again and see what the deal is and let you know if I find > > anything. > > > > -- > > Brian Hailey > > LDT2005 > > C3D2005 > > XP Pro - SP 2 > > P4 2.8GHz > > 1.00 GB of RAM > > > > > > "John Schmidt" wrote in message > > news:41acba3b$1_1@newsprd01... > > > I'm hoping someone from Autodesk will see this - all the auth people say > I > > > have to manually authorize every seat either via email or phone... > > > > > > Whether installing directly from CD or from a network installation > image, > > > only the first 2 seats out of 28 standalone licenses, (same SN), will > > > authorize over the Internet. How can we get authorization automatically > > > for > > > all our licensed seats? I refuse to believe I have to manually authorize > > > the > > > remaining 26 licenses - they're all from a single serial number. > > > > > > Thanks for any ideas/info. > > > > > > John > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report