Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D and Microdrainage

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
craig_robertson
946 Views, 2 Replies

Civil 3D and Microdrainage

I'm looking for some information on how well Civil 3D deals with taking information to and from Microdrainage, I've never used Microdrainage and I am only aware that there is a Civil 3D add-on to import export pipes. What I really need to understand is how well it interfaces with Microdrainage, I have a colleague who has been advised to purchase PDS as it incorporates Microdrainage well, if possible I would like to be consistent with the software we are using.

Thanks

Craig

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

The windes import tool works really well back and forth from civil3d so long as they have the easting / northing data attached.

Obviously some things wil be displayed / sized differently (culverts etc) but this is a small edit in civil 3d.

You need to have the styles and sizes in the catalogue ready otherwise it will match to the next avaliable size up.

I'm not sure if it still does but after import you may need to re-superimpose any pipework onto profile views.

You can also export a designed system to windes, you need to ensure the pipe numbers are correct to the branch logic (1.000, 1.001 etc)

Issue's you may encounter are keeping the levels correct to a Civil3d design in Microdrainage. The workaround seems to be to create the network as an existing system.

On export no area or microdrainage modelling data is sent to the SWS file or imported from it. A updated sws file imported will need all areas and other windes items added manually again but as the original model has these it won't take long (Size dependant).

M

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 3 of 3
ScotBIM
in reply to: craig_robertson

I've just seen this post (whilst searching for somehting else), and could add that it is important that prior to your WinDes user exporting to SWS or FWS, that they "renumber" the network - else some odd things happen.

Also, diappointingly, when importing a revised WinDes file, SWS or FWS, if you have attached lables in Civil3D and then repositioned them by dragging etc, all the labels are set back to the default position.

Otherwise - it works very well !!!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report