Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D & InfraWorks Computer Spec

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
craig_robertson
291 Views, 3 Replies

Civil 3D & InfraWorks Computer Spec

I have attached a screenshot of the machine I am using at the moment, the graphics card is an Intel HD 4600.

So far this is generally working ok with Civil 3D although I'm starting to have problems 3D orbiting etc as the model grows and it's becoming a nuisance isolating objects just to view (I know there are some detail measures I can take but sometimes I need all showing). We have the Infrastructure Premium suite and mostly use Civil 3D but also a little 3DS Max (Civil View mostly), Navisworks Simulate (for timeline etc) and Revit Structure. I also want to move into InfraWorks. I have been asked to look into graphics cards and was looking at the Quadro 2000. It is my concern however that merely upgrading the graphics card to the Quadro 2000 won't be enough to fully utilise InfraWorks and I would rather point this out now than upgrade just the graphics card.

Ideally we want to be able to use the entire Infrastructure suite from InfraWorks to Civil 3D to Navis/3DS Max and output rendered images or videos for clients. How far off is my current setup?

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: craig_robertson

how much memory does that card have?

i would recommend at a minimum of 2 gigs of video memory  but at least 4 gigs is recommended for Infraworks

depending on the size of your infraworks models

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
craig_robertson
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi Darren, i've attache dthe details of the card

Message 4 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: craig_robertson

oops i was talking about the quadro 2000
the intel card will not cut it for infraworks

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report