Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D - Alignment Crash

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
409 Views, 1 Reply

Civil 3D - Alignment Crash

I've placed a zip file in the customer-files newsgroup (same subject line) that contains a drawing that crashes everytime I try to create an alignment from a polyline. Open that drawing and isolate the SDWK-CL layer. Try to create an alignment from this polyline yields a crash everytime. I was hoping someone might have a suggestion for me. Thanks. -- Matthew Sparks, P.E. CAD Masters, Inc. http://www.cadmasters.com remove "no-spam-please" when replying
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Matthew, Thanks for posting the drawing. This drawing contains one Site ("Site 1") which contains an alignment and a number of feature lines. Civil 3D is designed to handle duplicate lines in the same Topology (Site), but this defect may be related to duplicate lines. However, it is not obvious if there is overlapping linework. You can work around the problem by creating a new Site (Right click Sites node in Prospector and select New) and add the alignment on layer SDWK-CL to the new Site. We'll reseach the problem further. Daniel Philbrick Autodesk, Inc. "Matt Sparks" wrote in message news:41e2c0d7$1_3@newsprd01... > I've placed a zip file in the customer-files newsgroup (same subject line) > that contains a drawing that crashes everytime I try to create an alignment > from a polyline. Open that drawing and isolate the SDWK-CL layer. Try to > create an alignment from this polyline yields a crash everytime. I was > hoping someone might have a suggestion for me. Thanks. > > -- > > Matthew Sparks, P.E. > CAD Masters, Inc. > http://www.cadmasters.com > remove "no-spam-please" when replying > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report