Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2015 trusted lcoations

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kbiggs
1518 Views, 4 Replies

Civil 3D 2015 trusted lcoations

I recently installed Civil 3D 2015, applied all the latest service packs, and noticed a file loading security concern regarding this file:

C:\Users\kbiggs\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2015\enu\Support\C3D.mnl

Since my installation is OTB, I am curiouis as to why this mnl file is flagged as a security concern. Any ideas? I can manually set this path to trusted, however, I am looking for a network solution for all of our users, as I would not want to have to ask each user to update their settings individually.

I prefer not to have SECURELOAD turned off.

Regards,

Keith Biggs 

Chair, CAD Standards Committee & Senior CAD Technician

Direct: +1 (778) 945-6129

R.F. Binnie & Associates Ltd.

Leading in Quality: OQM Certified March 2013.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
michael.robertson
in reply to: kbiggs

It's a known bug I'm hoping will be fixed in SP2. For some reason C3D can't read the %UserProfileFolder% variable which is needed to set the trusted location. You can add the path to the "TrustedFolders" variable manually.

One good thing they did add for trusted paths was that if you have a number of different folders that contain applications that are all under the same parent folder you don't have to add each folder, just add three periods after the parent folder. Example I have a bunch of applications in different folders located under c:\fdot2015.c3d\apps, for my variable I just enter "c:\fdot2015.c3d\app\..." (if you set this in your arg file you will need double back slashes as follows: c:\\fdot2015.c3d\\apps\\..."

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 3 of 5
kbiggs
in reply to: michael.robertson

Thanks Mike, hopefully this gets addressed in SP 2. Nice tip one the subfolder trick using 3 periods, this will be helpful.

Keith Biggs 

Chair, CAD Standards Committee & Senior CAD Technician

Direct: +1 (778) 945-6129

R.F. Binnie & Associates Ltd.

Leading in Quality: OQM Certified March 2013.

Message 4 of 5
kbiggs
in reply to: michael.robertson

Hi Mike:

Working with our IT manager, we came up with this solution, which seems to work for all users. I added this path to the trusted locations for our default profile:

%appdata%\Autodesk\C3D 2015\enu\Support

When each users loads and sets the default profile, their users folder is added to the trusted locations path.

If you get a chance, you might want to test this for yourself, as it has been working for us now.

Regards,

Keith Biggs

RF Binnie & Associates Ltd.

Message 5 of 5
michael.robertson
in reply to: kbiggs

Great info that works. I tried other windows user specific variables that didn't work but this one did.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report