Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2015 Suddenly Non-Responsive to Keyboard Commands

72 REPLIES 72
Message 1 of 73
Anonymous
6719 Views, 72 Replies

Civil 3D 2015 Suddenly Non-Responsive to Keyboard Commands

Caddhead here. Long-time reader, first time writer. 

I just cannot get over this glitch that interrupts my workflow. I am plowing through a CADD exercise, falling behind schedule, but finding a rhythm with the trackball and keyboard. My practice is to mouse with the right hand, keyboard with the left. I am a convert from the days of Softdesk and LDD. The autocomplete feature threw me for a loop when I first started, but one Civil 3D pro already pointed out to me that the autocomplete feature can be set on a delay to avoid banging out the wrong command in a hurry.

We are, however, scratching our heads over Civil 3D 2015's sudden non-responsive to keyboard commands. As I am heating up the keyboard with a flurry of commands and shortcuts, the keyboard is suddenly, inexplicably non-responsive. Nothing shows up on the command line when I type. I tap, nothing. I repetitively hammer letter and number keys and still nothing. The keyboard commands are not working. The design process fails, and I forget what I am doing.

Typically with two tabs open, I switch over to the next tab, and then back again. Keyboard responsiveness returns, and after I remember what I am doing, then I continue until the next cyberfreeze. 

Anyone else encountered this phenonmenon and broke through it with a different work-around? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

--

Caddhead

72 REPLIES 72
Message 21 of 73
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

By chance is anyone running another keyboard type device?  I've got a Razer Tartarus that i use for some of my rendering software and have wondered if this could be the cause... although i doubt it since this issue is only recently occuring and have had the Tartarus for a while now.

Message 22 of 73
Anonymous

I have tried a couple of keyboards.  Dell usb that was laying around.  Couple different logitechs.  All with the same results.  Hopefully this gets fixed asap.  The tabs are very usefull.  The delay, not so much!

Message 23 of 73
Anonymous

FWIW, I provided Autodesk with direct feedback on this issue and referenced these forum posts.

Message 24 of 73
dilsmails1

I have asked the same question here and got the same answer

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-general/text-in-command-bar-not-showing/m-p/5458512

But it is not feeling as a good solution. Because each and every time I have to go to another tab and come again.

Dileep
Message 25 of 73
Josh_Ory
in reply to: dilsmails1

Did everyone else's problems with this start in the 2015 release?

In my observation, it seems to happen when Autosave kicks in.

Turning off Autosave now to see if problem persists.

- Josh

- Josh

Win 7 64, Xeon ES1620@3.6Ghz,
16 GB RAM, Quadro 4000
Message 26 of 73
Anonymous
in reply to: Josh_Ory

Autodesk - FIX!!!

So annoying, but ya, it happens when the autosave goes. 

Message 27 of 73
Josh_Ory

Turning Autosave off seems to have completely resolved this issue. While frustrating i'll take Deal with turning it off.

- Josh
- Josh

16 GB RAM, Quadro 4000
Message 28 of 73
Anonymous

Thanks for adding value to this thread. I just turned off autosave to see if this helps me.

Message 29 of 73
dilsmails1

No, in my case Turning off Autosave is not fixing this problem.even I turned off the autosave option still the problem happens…..

Dileep
Message 30 of 73
Anonymous

Turning off autosave did not work for me. I think the best thing to do, which was suggested by another user, would be for each of us to issue feedback to Autodesk regarding this software bug.

Message 31 of 73
Josh_Ory

Sooo, i've have had Autosave turned off for a week or so with no problems.

Until this morning.

The "glitch" happen again, with Autosave off.

Switching drawing tabs or closing Civil 3d is the only thing that I can do to get the software to once again recognize keystrokes in the command line.

Restarting Machine

- Josh

- Josh

16 GB RAM, Quadro 4000
Message 32 of 73
maxsun2

Same here.
Message 33 of 73
JamesMaeding

this is not solved, I would prefer the work-around not be marked as the solution.

This is a serious issue, so much that I might make 2014 the version we primarily use.

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

Message 34 of 73
Anonymous
in reply to: JamesMaeding

I agree. I was particularly peeved that day when I marked the work-around as the solution. Yet, so far, it's most effective way for us to deal with the trip hazard and continue our work. Tab away and tab back. Autodesk has yet to acknowledge my suggestion provided in direct feedback that this is in fact a software error.

Message 35 of 73
Josh_Ory

caddhead - where are you leaving this feedback for Autodesk to see?

I like 2015 alot, and we paid alot of money for our suites.

I would like to not step back to 2014, and would like to get some feedback from Autodesk on this issue.

- Josh

16 GB RAM, Quadro 4000
Message 36 of 73
Charles

There will be a fix for this issue and it will be called Civi3D 2016
Message 37 of 73
Anonymous

This is where I left feedback: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

I am not sure if this is the best place to provide feedback.

Message 38 of 73
Jeff_M

If you are on subscription, you should log a support request through the subscription center. Also, let your reseller know and have them pursue it as well.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 39 of 73
Anonymous

I am curious to know if this is happening in Autocad 2015 or just Civil 3D.  

Message 40 of 73
fsmland

Our group uses only Civil3D - not straight AutoCAD.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report