Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2015 Part Size

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Gambit80
313 Views, 3 Replies

Civil 3D 2015 Part Size

Good Morning All! Last night I tried to add another storm structure to my parts list to meet a local code. When I tried to create the structure, it says

"One or more parts were not created the part because the parts list already contains parts that have the dimensions you specified"

It may have the same parts size, but I wish it to have a different style, of course. I have confirmed in Civ3D2013 that I can add additiona structures with same parts size. Has anyone ran into this and if so, is there a settling which allows the capability? I can't understand why you would limit it like this.

Thanks in advance for any input!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Gambit80
in reply to: Gambit80

So no one has seen this behavior in 2015? At least let me know that much, so I can find out if it is our install...

Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
paulrdeyo86
in reply to: Gambit80

I am having the same issue with Pipes. Had no problem with creating duplicate pipe sizes as long as they had different names, 2015 it is one and done. Considering reverting back to '14 for the time being.

Message 4 of 4
Gambit80
in reply to: paulrdeyo86

Happens to me with pipes, as well, not only structures. You are first to let me know this happens to someone else.

There is no going back to 2013/2014 for us, as we have rolled it out to over 50 users. I even sent the issue to our Reseller AE and he says that's the way Civil3D works! Not before 2015!

But thanks for responding and I will keep this post in mind if I ever find a way around it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report