Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2015 - NAD83(2011) Coordinate System

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
lcole
3433 Views, 9 Replies

Civil 3D 2015 - NAD83(2011) Coordinate System

Hello,

I just received some survey data that is in the NAD83(2011) Ohio North State Plain Coordinate System. However I cannot find a setting in Civil 3D 2015 to work with this system. Is there any way to add this coordinate system to Civil 3D?
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
rl_jackson
in reply to: lcole

I don't think you'll have an issue with importing set to Ohio North, the 2011 adjustment was vertical so you already adjusted.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
lcole
in reply to: rl_jackson

Some of the data points are off a fraction of a meter when comparing them to existing design data that is in NAD83(86).
Message 4 of 10
ctbailey

If you can find the definition from the NGS, you can make a custom coordinate system through the Map3D "coodinate system library."

the command is MAPCSCREATE.

There.  That's a nice rabbit hole for you to jump down.  We'll see ya in a couple days.  Smiley Happy

_______
Craig T. Bailey, PE, LLS, PSM
Bailey Associates
www.bailey-associates.com
Message 5 of 10
lcole
in reply to: ctbailey

I just recieved the following reply from AutoDesk Support:

"NAD83 has been updated a few times over the years because the original control points have moved so much (e.g. subsidence on the gulf coast and movement along the California coast and Alaska).

One was the HARN adjustment (1997), and so those are the newest versions of NAD83 coordinate systems that ship with Map&Civil. HARN is AKA HPGN.

As the customer points out, there have been more adjustments since 1997 to NAD83: there was one in 2007 and another in 2011. Unfortunately Development has not created these new CS’es and there is no way for a user to create these themselves (the MAPCSCREATE wizard is limited in what it can do).

This is in Dev’s backlog to create National Adjustment CS’es for every US State Plane coordinate system, however we do not have any information on when this will be available at this time."

Message 6 of 10
DavidDSchwab

Hi Icole

Did you hear about any new coordinate systems, mainly: state plane nad 83 (2011) us feet? We are having trouble now too Thanks

Message 7 of 10
lcole
in reply to: DavidDSchwab

So far we have not heard anthing else.  We are keeping all our internal data in the NAD83(1986) system for now.  Already had a contractor miss this in the plan notes and used NAD83(2011) to lay out a project.  It was not a major issue but alot of things just did not line up and caused alot of headaches.

Message 8 of 10
nkg2

I have not recently checked in 2016 yet as I am still in 2015 but has this been brought forward out of development?  Missouri DOT runs base stations for RTK of field GPS units and will be adopting the new NAD83 I believe in October of this year.  I have tried to warn them that this backlog exists with the software and the answer was too bad. 

***Viewer/Reader Discretion is Advised***
Autodesk 2022- Architectural, Engineering and Construction Subscription & Infraworks
Windows 10 Professional, x64, Microsoft Surface Pro 3
Message 9 of 10
Pointdump
in reply to: nkg2

NKG2,

Yep, C3D 2016 has the NAD83 2011 flavors. A good reason to upgrade.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 10 of 10
nkg2
in reply to: Pointdump

Thank you sir!
***Viewer/Reader Discretion is Advised***
Autodesk 2022- Architectural, Engineering and Construction Subscription & Infraworks
Windows 10 Professional, x64, Microsoft Surface Pro 3

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report