Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2015 Installation C3D.cuix is missing

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
peterpetschek
6288 Views, 10 Replies

Civil 3D 2015 Installation C3D.cuix is missing

I installed Civil 3D 2015 today from students.autodesk.com.

Unfortunately the C3D.cuix is missing.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Hi,

>> C3D.cuix is missing

is that a message you get when C3D is started? What menu is then loaded?

Are you sure that you have started Civil3D with the correct icon (and not with the one "Civil3D as AutoCAD")?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 11

Hi,

As soon as I start Civil 3D 2015 via Civil 3D 2015 Metric Icon I get a message during the starting process that the c3d.cuix is missing.

After the starting process is finished, there is an empty Ribbon.

I checked via command MENU there is no c3d.cuix in the civil 3d 2015 folder.

I could use the c3d.cuix of civil 3d 2014 but that does not make sense.

I completely and correctly deinstalled Civil 3D 2015 using the "2014: Reslovling installation issues ... " recommendation.

Then I installed again, using students.autodesk.com website (I am a Professor, teaching Civil, so I am trying always to look into the new version ...)

Unfortunately the same problem exists, no c3d.cuix ... .

I could try it on an other computer during the week.

Should I do that?

Greetings,

Peter

Prof. Peter Petschek Dipl.-Ing. MLA

Landschaftsarchitekt

HSR Hochschule f?r Technik Rapperswil

Studiengang Landschaftsarchitektur

Oberseestr. 10

CH-8640 Rapperswil

Besuchen Sie unseren Studiengang:
News
YouTube Channel HSR Landschaftsarchitektur

Tel: 0041 (0)55 222 49 74 (hsr office)

Tel: 0041 (0)44 480 10 71 (home office)

Raum: 1.173

Diese E-Mail ist nur f?r ihren Empf?nger gedacht und darf ohne ausdr?ckliche schriftliche Genehmigung des

Senders weder weitergeleitet noch in irgendeiner Form (auch nicht auszugsweise) ver?ffentlicht werden.
Message 4 of 11

Hi,

>> I could try it on an other computer during the week.
>> Should I do that?

I would do the download and the installation on another computer and if possible, run the download in another network (behind another proxy/firewall), just to make sure to have a complete different environment. Also for installation make sure you have local admin permissions and you have disabled antivirus software.

At least it's really ununsual that the installation does not report errors but the primary CUIX is missing, real strange.

>> I am a Professor, teaching Civil, so I am trying always to look into the new version

Leider gibt es hier doch einige Forenteilnehmer, die auch CAD-Software unterrichten, aber z.T. mit 6,7,8 Versionen älter. Da bin ich froh, auch solches zu lesen 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 11
neilyj666
in reply to: peterpetschek

Did you try switching to a different workspace and then switching back?

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 6 of 11
peterpetschek
in reply to: neilyj666

Yes, I switched to AutodCAD and Map but can not switch to Civll as the C3d.cuix is not available.

Prof. Peter Petschek Dipl.-Ing. MLA

Landschaftsarchitekt

HSR Hochschule f?r Technik Rapperswil

Studiengang Landschaftsarchitektur

Oberseestr. 10

CH-8640 Rapperswil

Besuchen Sie unseren Studiengang:
News
YouTube Channel HSR Landschaftsarchitektur

Tel: 0041 (0)55 222 49 74 (hsr office)

Tel: 0041 (0)44 480 10 71 (home office)

Raum: 1.173

Diese E-Mail ist nur f?r ihren Empf?nger gedacht und darf ohne ausdr?ckliche schriftliche Genehmigung des

Senders weder weitergeleitet noch in irgendeiner Form (auch nicht auszugsweise) ver?ffentlicht werden.
Message 7 of 11
BlackBox_
in reply to: peterpetschek

I have experienced this issue before as well, back with Civil 3D 2011, and 2012... I ended up resolving the matter by using Windows Explorer to search for the missing CUIx file, and was able to copy it from a chached folder to support folder.

HTH

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Message 8 of 11
GTVic
in reply to: BlackBox_

You should be able to reset to defaults and the file should be copied during the initialization when Civil 3D is restarted.

Start > All Programs > Autodesk > Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 > Reset Settings to Default

A backup copy of this file is in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\C3D\UserDataCache\Support. I would use the reset method though as other files may be missing.

Message 9 of 11
Mueller_Ingenieure
in reply to: GTVic

Hi everybody,

By own experience I disadvice the use of the "Reset to default" functionality - at least for the German version. The files (plan productions dwt and map book dwt templates) get misplaced in the wrong directories.

While I experienced the same problems with the C3d.cuix missing the following seems to be working for me:

1. Grant administrator rights to the user

2. delete the following folders

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2015 and

C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\C3D 2015

3. Copy the exact folders from the <<Administrator>> account to the <<User>> account

4. Go to registry. Delete or rename the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R20.0\ACAD-E000:407

5. Start C3d using as User (still with admin rights).

6. If everything is as it should be, set user rights to normal or whatever it was before.

HTH

Cheers

Jan

Message 10 of 11
GTVic
in reply to: Mueller_Ingenieure

The above should work on some computers but some people may have to replace the Administrator account with whichever account was used to install Civil 3D. If that account was a user account those files may be customized. In my case it was installed using my own account so the files are deleted once the first part of the reset is done.

Another option would be to do a clean install on a new computer and make a copy of the necessary files.

Message 11 of 11

Please note

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/topobase/learn-explore/caas/blog/adndevblog.typepad.com/autoca...

for the registry keys mentioned in different countries.

Cheers

J

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report