Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2014 - Surface Template - Convert proximity breaklines to standard

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
rconner
386 Views, 5 Replies

Civil 3D 2014 - Surface Template - Convert proximity breaklines to standard

I am trying to set up my surface template and I cannot find the setting to change the "convert proximity breaklines to standard" option.  Right now it says yes and I want to change it to no.  I found this link, http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2014/ENG/index.html?url=filesCUG/GUID-D5B7D78B-C400-45A1-B50D-F15769C... Under setting it says to right click on surface, select edit feature settings, and you should see a section called Buid Options.  Well I don't see that section.  What do I need to do?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jay_B
in reply to: rconner

Set it in Surface>Commands>CreateSurface>Build Options>Convert Proximity Breaklines to Standard Breaklines

proximity breakl.PNG

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 6
rconner
in reply to: Jay_B

That is how to change it once the surface is created.  My intention was to set my template up so it automatically defaults to no instead of yes.  Right now I am having to change it everytime I create a surface. 

Message 4 of 6
Jay_B

If I set the "Convert Proximity Breaklines to Standard Breaklines" to "No" at location shown in my previous post, then every New Surface created will have Convert Proximity Breaklines to Standard Breaklines set to "No".

I'm confused, so is this not your goal here?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 5 of 6
Jay_B

Re-read your post and It sounds like your referring to "Surface Properties" which
only affect a given surface.

Command Settings are found on the Settings tab and I skipped a couple steps.

To navigate to the Surface Command Settings shown in previous screen shot....
Settings Tab of Toolspace>Surface>Expand "Commands">CreateSurface>Build Options>
Convert Proximity Breaklines to Standard Breaklines
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 6 of 6
rconner
in reply to: Jay_B

That is exactly what I needed.  Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report