Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2014 Radial Stakeout Report not Working

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
walterlewinski
3039 Views, 28 Replies

Civil 3D 2014 Radial Stakeout Report not Working

Hi All,

I've tried to use radial stakeout on several computer using C3D 2014 and I select my occupied point, backsite point and a range of stakeout points, when I click any of the buttons, i.e. Append to report, nothing happens. Tried it with several drawing. Anyone have the same problem or a resolution.

Thanks,

Walter

Thank you,
Walter

IDSP Premium 2016
Win 7 Pro x64, 256Gb SSD, 4Tb HDD
16Gb Ram Intel i7-5930K @ 3.50GHz
3-NVIDIA GTX 970 4Gb (12Gb) Triple Monitors
28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29
wfberry
in reply to: walterlewinski

There was a problem at one time that only Internet Explorer would work with these reports.  What is your default browser?  It is not too difficult to change default browsers and give them a chance.

Bill

Message 3 of 29
walterlewinski
in reply to: wfberry

Yes, I tried Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Chrome, no luck with any of them. I think its a bug in 2014.

Thank you,
Walter

IDSP Premium 2016
Message 4 of 29
Pointdump

Walter,

I think Bill has his finger on the problem. Dig in and find where your reports are stored. On my C3D 2010 machine, it's:
file:///C:/Users/Admin/AppData/Local/Temp/CivilReport.html

I had to make a shortcut to see my reports in 2010. I haven't used reports yet in 2014, so I don't know if things are changed.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 29
walterlewinski
in reply to: Pointdump

I took a look in that folder, but it only has the title block, it's not appending the stakeout info.

Thanks

Thank you,
Walter

IDSP Premium 2016
Message 6 of 29

I'm thinking it may not work with the latest browser versions. They should have written it to dump to Notepad, that never changes.

Thank you,
Walter

IDSP Premium 2016
Message 7 of 29
Pointdump

Walter,

I agree. I don't know why someone decided to make the report in HTML format.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 8 of 29
Pointdump

Walter, I had some time this afternoon, so I tried to make a Stakeout Report. This is as close as I got, and I could go no further. Nothing I clicked on had any effect.

Report.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 9 of 29
BrianHailey
in reply to: Pointdump

I've seen a few reports that won't work in IE10. Uninstall it and IE 9 will be reinstalled (might need to reboot). Another example of a report that doesn't work in IE 10 is the General Legal Description.

Instructions to uninstall IE 10 are HERE.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 10 of 29
Pointdump
in reply to: BrianHailey

Thanks, Brian, for the info and the link. I'll try that out.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Message 11 of 29

Thanks everyone,

I was up to IE 11, uninstalled the update, rebooted and it is now IE 8.

Radial Stakeout works fine now!

Thank you,
Walter

IDSP Premium 2016
Message 12 of 29

I am in Civil 3D 2013.  Uninstalled IE10, still can't get radial stakeout report to work in IE9.  Do I need to go all the way back to IE8?  If so, how?  

Message 13 of 29

Just figured it out. I uninstalled IE 9 the same way as IE 10. Radial Stakeout report worked in IE 8.
Anyone know when the Wish List board will be available again? Definitely need either updated reports that work with the latest versions of IE or, better yet, don't use a browser at all.
Message 14 of 29
jporter
in reply to: Scuttlebutt95

Everyone, I have a client who is having the same issue with IE 11 installed.  It wasn't until he downgraded to IE 8 that it worked (just like explained in the string here).  This cannot be acceptable though.  Are we all expected to run IE 8 just to get this function to work?  

PS - I've got Chrome set up as my default and it doesn't work there either.  

Hoping Autodesk is reading this,

Jason Porter
ASTI Civil Solutions Technical Advisor
www.asti.com
Message 15 of 29

Hello everyone,

This is an issue that we are aware of and investigating further. We do know that going all the way back to IE 8 is not ideal, and we do apologize for any inconvience this issue may have caused.

I have just updated this known issue with my own feedback regarind this issue. If anyone here has any feedback they would like to submit regarding this, please navigate to the link below and submit this to the project manager of that product (specified in link).

Feedback Link:  http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Jason Ferrelli
Message 16 of 29
nmessina
in reply to: Jason.Ferrelli

What is the status of this known issue?  This is a serious issue for surveyors, as it can be very time consuming to manually check construction stake out.  

Nicholas, Messina Jr., PSM
Message 17 of 29
jporter
in reply to: nmessina

As far as I know it's not been resolved.  Praying, lighting candles, and sacrificing my best calf in hopes of a resolutions soon.  I have a client (20+ surveyors) who is almost to the point of jumping ship for another software altogether.  

Jason Porter
www.asti.com
Message 18 of 29
odoshi
in reply to: Scuttlebutt95

No browser needed:

https://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/CIV3D/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3astakeou...

Mike Caruso
Autodesk Certified Instructor 2014
AutoCAD/Civil 3D Autodesk Certified Professional 2014, 2015, 2018
www.whitemountaincad.com
Message 19 of 29

I recently became aware of a compatibility mode option when using IE10 that allows some of the reports that have issues in IE10 to work. To get to this compatibly mode, you can hit the F12 button it will open a developer dialog panel. Once open there is a “Browser Mode IE10 tab, that once click you can select different compatibly modes, IE8 being one of them. I hope this workaround proves to resolve some of these issues.

I looked to see if this option was still available in IE11 and once I upgraded I was not able to find it. Upon further digging I found this link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn321449.aspx

It states that in support of some changes to IE 11, the compatibility view button has been completely removed from IE11. The workaround in that link does not seem to work due to the Civil report address not being an actual site and it does not let you add it.

Jason Ferrelli
Message 20 of 29
jporter
in reply to: Jason.Ferrelli

Jason.Ferreli,

Your work around if a viable one for now.  I've passed this onto some of our clients and they appear to be okay with it for now.  However, as more and more people move forward with operating systems and upgrades it will become almost inevitable that they will make the move to IE 11 (or higher when the upgrades allow).  We can't possibly be expected to contunue to run IE 10 just to keep this functionality.  

I do realize you are on the support side and not the person who writes the software, but this should be something that is brought to the table when newer versions are in developement.  It's quite possible that Autodesk might be missing an entire market (surveyors) due to some minor issues that could probably be easily fixed.  

My thoughts,

Jason Porter
www.asti.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report