Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2014 Productivity Pack

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
neilyj666
1673 Views, 9 Replies

Civil 3D 2014 Productivity Pack

Just downloaded and installed this pack as was keen to see the Export Civil 3D drawing functionality but can't see any great advantages over the standard Export to AutoCAD option.

In fact in the drawing I tried all the surfaces were ignored whereas they were exploded to 3D faces in the standard Export option

Are there, in fact, any advantages to using the Productivity pack version of the Export to Autocad routine?

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
neilyj666
in reply to: neilyj666

Any takers?

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
MikeEvansUK

Sorry Neil. I typically don't use the export routines as provided due to the number of things which don't seem to corrctly work.

Points seem to lose labels or dissapear entirely, Duplication in objects when exporting multiple viewports, error and no exported or corrupted drawings etc. To be honest I have given up wasting my time

I just use the tried and tested AutoCAD Explode command. Still working after 20 releases : )

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

Message 4 of 10
neilyj666
in reply to: MikeEvansUK

Yes - I find that saving the drawing then exploding a few time and wblocking is usually the most pain free method....and remembering not to resave the original drawing...!!!!

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
neilyj666

Judging by the underwhelming response to this thread I hope the programmers time was not wasted on this productivity pack....

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
strsi681

Is this the pack that is meant to simplify the export/import functions between 12d and civil3d? If so, how did these functions go? Tia
Message 7 of 10
C3D-Nash
in reply to: strsi681

Whatever this export tool was supposed to do, it doesn't seem to have been implemented correctly.  I just tried on utility model that contained a few pipe networks and surfaces.  The resulting file was ACAD-C-Utilities.  During the process, a random file opened in a second drawing tab with random characters as the name.  It hung up in this file with some sort of "Max Characters" error.  After canceling through the error dialog, this random file just sat there open.  The ACAD-C-Utilities file was spit out on my desktop, but it only contained a information from 2 of the Xrefs, no pipe networks made it into the file.

I'm afraid this tool was a complete waste.  Perhaps the export to DGN works, although we don't really have much use for it.  It's a shame.  I hope the tool works better when/if it's placed in the 2015 release.

Message 8 of 10
tcorey
in reply to: C3D-Nash

A couple of advantages of the productivity pack's export are that you can export not only the modelspace objects, but paperspace (layouts) as well. You can also specify how xref's will be handled: bind, bind and explode, ignore, etc.

As far as the too many characters error, have you tried exporting to a path with a shorter name?

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 9 of 10
robert06
in reply to: tcorey

I just installed Civil 3D® 2014 Productivity Pack 1.
I can't find any help documentation on 'Exporting a model space view to DWG', after installation I still see just the standard export to AutoCAD option.

My purpose would be executing this:

AutoCAD® Civil 3D® Export Drawing – This new utility allows users to export an AutoCAD® Civil 3D® drawing to Autodesk® AutoCAD® .DWG. Users can control the drawing(s) and layout(s) that may be exported as well as how xrefs will be handled.

Users can also opt to export a model space view as well as a selection of layouts to AutoCAD .DWG format files

http://scfiles.autodesk.com/sc/files/Autodesk_AutoCAD_Civil_3D_2014_Productivity_Pack_1.pdf?authId=1...

Message 10 of 10

I believe this tool also provides the ability to export to DWG or DGN. Additionally, you can export layout tabs exactly as they appear in separate drawings providing no extra data. I've test on Civil 3D objects (in 2015) and it seemed to work well - and I was working with surfaces of around 200-300 acres in size.

Steve Hill
Civil Designer / .NET Developer
AutoCAD Certified Professional
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
http://redtransitconsultants.com/
Autodesk Exchange Store
Twitter | LinkedIn

Please select the Accept this solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report