Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2014 Not Responding

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
chris
905 Views, 3 Replies

Civil 3D 2014 Not Responding

I have been having an issue with Civil 3D going non-responsive in drawings with active, visible surfaces. The CAD system will go grey with the spinning beachball by switching layout tabs, freezing and element in a viewport or just by saving the file. I find that if I set the surface to a no display style, things seem to be OK until I have to make it visible again.

My workstation is a Hexx Core I7@ 3.2Ghz, 16G RAM with Nvidia Quadro 4000 video card. Plenty of horsepower for a 3M ESPC plan with a few small xref drawings and 2 data referenced surfaces.The same files can be opened and manipulated on other computers in the office with no problem. Very, very frustrating and time consuming. We did recently recreate my Windows profile to see if it would help prior to a wipe and reinstall. The problem came back. 

Has any one else experienced similar problems?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
doni49
in reply to: chris

Here's something to try just to try and troubleshoot -- it's not intended to be a solution but just to help narrow down what the issue is.

First create a data shortcut of the surface.  Then create a new dwg and data reference that surface in.  Does it have the same trouble displaying the surface?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 4
chris
in reply to: doni49

Hey Don

I gave your suggestion a try. It did the same thing. As long as a surface is visible, the file locks up. I can open the same drawing on another colleagues computer and it works just fine. I may just have to do a rebuild.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
doni49
in reply to: chris

And do you have the same level of access as the user on the other machine?

There is one possibilty that could cause this (and if it IS this issue, rebuilding possibly won't help).

If there is a really large file attached as a reference, it could be taking a long time to load that file.  But if your colleague dosn't have access that file, acad won't load it and thus no delay.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report