Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2014 Live Maps not displaying

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
dkerr
2962 Views, 10 Replies

Civil 3D 2014 Live Maps not displaying

I'm having problems viewing Live Maps in my drawings.

When I run the GEOMAP command and select Aerial (or any other option) nothing appears. It doesnt really do anything. Nothing changes, no error message, nothing. The command line doesn't give me any error.

I tried using the GEO command and select Map it tells me "Maps cannot be displayed. You are either offline, not signed in to your Autodesk 360 account or you have chosen not to use maps".

- My coordinate system is set correctly to where the particular job is and checked it using another machine (which works fine).

- I'm signed in to Autodesk 360 so that's not the problem.

- I have internet access.

- I've chosen maps for the GEO command and use Aerial for GEOMAP. Is there somewhere else that I need to select a "map" setting?

- I've also ran the _3DCONFIG command and set Manual tune.

I've recently uninstall misc software on my machine but wasn't any autodesk software or addons.  

Is there anything else I can try before I proceed to do a reinstall when I get the oppurtunity.

Thanks,

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Murph_Map
in reply to: dkerr

Try a repair first before you reinstall. If you had it working on another machince OK then I say the uninstall of the other apps changed something, a repair may fix it. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 11
ToddRogers-WPM

I have found a bug with this.  My coordinate system is set.  I am currently in the drawing.  Once in the drawing, I sign in to 360.  Then do GEOMAP.  No good.  It puts me in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico.  However, if I am signed in to 360 before I open the drawing, it shows up correctly.  

Also, if you see cameras and no aerial, you will have to zoom out a bit.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 11
dkerr
in reply to: Murph_Map

Tried running a repair today but it didnt fix it. When I get a chance I will reinstall and hopefully that takes care of the problem.

Message 5 of 11
kpung001

Dkerr, I'm having the same problem on my work machine
Message 6 of 11
dkerr
in reply to: kpung001

I've found a solution to my problem.

Go to your CAD options

Under the System Tab >> Click on the Hidden Messages Settings

Check to see if the box for Geographic Location/Live Maps is there. If it is check the box.

This will show a message for live maps that you can click and hopefully from there can fix the problem.

Message 7 of 11
Mpowelljr

Having the same issue.  Tried your fix, didn't work for me.  Had the message pop back up but still wouldn't load.

Message 8 of 11
Mpowelljr
in reply to: Mpowelljr

As of 2/26/14 it has mysteriously started working again.
Message 9 of 11
jlrpayne

Same prioblem here. One day it works, one day it doesnt. It will work in one session and not work again for a week and then suddenly the map appears. No rhyme or reason. Has anyone found a solution to this problem?

Message 10 of 11
jlrpayne
in reply to: jlrpayne

I found something that worked for me. I followed these steps. be sure to back up your settings because this deletes all of your customization but the problem, for now, is solved.

Message 11 of 11
BMB_12233589

i just checked my "hidden message settings" but there are no messages

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report