Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2014 - Explode surface labels into mleader

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
maxfortin
1192 Views, 2 Replies

Civil 3D 2014 - Explode surface labels into mleader

Hello, I'm trying to explode or convert surface labels into standard annotations. When I explode my label, it stays grouped together like a block, when I explode it a second time, it becomes "pieces". The text becomes a MTEXT, my frame is now a bunch of lines and the leader becomes a leader without text attached to it. I would like it to become a regular mleader. Thank you,
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
AllenJessup
in reply to: maxfortin

Unfortunately (in this case) Civil 3D labels come apart like blocks. The second Explode disassemble them in to the component parts. I suppose someone could write a program to do this. But I've never heard of one being written. If you let us know why you need to explode the labels. Someone may be able to figure a workaround.

The Express Tools command QLATTACH will attach the text to the leader. So with just a few labels it might be an option.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
maxfortin
in reply to: AllenJessup

Thank you for your quick reply. The reason I need to explode surface labels (and other labels) is for our client's database. It does not accept c3d objects. So I do my design and drafting in civil format but I need to explode or export to ACAD for the finishing touches. If I ever need to change an elevation or slope after that, I would like my labels to be easily editable. I found a lisp to convert leaders to mleaders and attach the text to it. I guess I'll play with this and try to automate it. Thanks again. Max

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report