Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2014 Data Shortcut Synchronization Issues

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
artrlly
1913 Views, 11 Replies

Civil 3D 2014 Data Shortcut Synchronization Issues

I am working in Civil 3D 2014, and I am having trouble getting a data shortcut of a surface showing information in other drawings. I will bring the data shortcut of the surface into another drawing with no issue, but no data shows up in the drawing. I tried synchronizing the surface, and I got this error: "Could not open referenced surface for surface 2505-019 PROPOSED" I went into the data shortcut editor, and all the paths were fine. Anybody experienced this issue?
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Jay_B
in reply to: artrlly

Open the surface source dwg in question, try removing the Data Shortcut for the surface in Data Shortcuts list.

Recreate the shortcut & test.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 12
jmayo-EE

If you built a surface, created references, went to the source surface dwg, deleted the surface for edits and created a new one with the same name you will lose all shortcuts since the new surface does not have the same object handle as the original.

If this is the case you may be able to fix it in the datashortcut editor. In the editor find the surface and change Handle or Name to Name only and try again.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 12
artrlly
in reply to: jmayo-EE

John, I closed CAD session, and opened the Data Shortcut editor. I changed to "Name only", and opened the drawing in question. I am still getting the same error message when I synchronize.
Message 5 of 12
cwitzel

Try auditing the drawing containing the original surface.  If it has been correputed is will not reference correctly.

Conan Witzel

2015 sp1

Thanks,
Conan Witzel
Civil 3d 2021 SP1.1
Smoking BOXX Apex 2 Workstation
Message 6 of 12
doni49

@artrlly wrote:
John, I closed CAD session, and opened the Data Shortcut editor. I changed to "Name only", and opened the drawing in question. I am still getting the same error message when I synchronize.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-general/civil-3d-2014-data-shortcut-synchronization-i...

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 7 of 12
jmayo-EE

I was trying to provide some fair warning for the future... It looks like the link is busted or the source file has issues. Do as Jay and Doni recommended, recover or audit the source file. If that doesn't work try to recreate the data shortcut (knowing you will lose Civil 3D labels so make a copy to test first).

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
jmayo-EE
in reply to: doni49

Doni,

I'm guessing you meant to link us to another post and not back to this one. No?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
Jay_B

I think we have a circular reference. Smiley Surprised

Just a wild guess but Don may have meant to link this thread starring JMayo Smiley Very Happy

I ran accross this earlier when looking at it.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 10 of 12
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Jay_B

Don't listen to that hack. 🙂

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 11 of 12
doni49

@jmayo wrote:

Doni,

I'm guessing you meant to link us to another post and not back to this one. No?

No -- I just thought that might be friendlier than saying "go back up and read Jay's post".  🙂

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 12 of 12
artrlly

John, I removed the data shortcut from the list and re added it, and now it works! Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report