Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIVIL 3D 2014 AND CIVIL 3D 2013

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
CADEngr2014
988 Views, 6 Replies

CIVIL 3D 2014 AND CIVIL 3D 2013

Hello,

We are running C3D 2014.

We have a need to run C3D 2013, due to other applications not yet compatible with C3D 2014.  Does anyone know what the issues may be running the two versions on the same computer?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: CADEngr2014

Shouldn't be any issues.

I have 2012, 2013 & 2014 all installed and no issues whatsoever due to them all being installed on system.

If you were to try to do a back & forth workflow from 2013 to 2014 then I'm guessing you could have a few issues

and I'd recommend against that workflow.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
rkmcswain
in reply to: Jay_B

@Anonymous wrote:

Shouldn't be any issues.

I have 2012, 2013 & 2014 all installed and no issues whatsoever due to them all being installed on system.

If you were to try to do a back & forth workflow from 2013 to 2014 then I'm guessing you could have a few issues

and I'd recommend against that workflow.

Ditto. We have several people wioth 2013 and 2014 installed, no problems.

FWIW....

I have personally (and purposly) mixed these two versions in the workflow and have only run into one issue.

At one point, one alignment out of several failed to show up in 2013 after it was edited in 2014. We opened the drawing in 2014 (the alignment was there) and saved again, and then 2013 could see it again.

Points, surfaces, profiles, profile views, and data shortcuts have been working in a mixed environment with no problems.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: rkmcswain

@rkmcswain wrote:

FWIW....I have personally (and purposly) mixed these two versions in the workflow and have only run into one issue.

At one point, one alignment out of several failed to show up in 2013 after it was edited in 2014. We opened the drawing in 2014 (the alignment was there) and saved again, and then 2013 could see it again.

Points, surfaces, profiles, profile views, and data shortcuts have been working in a mixed environment with no problems.

That's good to know, that's exactly why I mention "could". There are several caveats that can change could to would such as updated Pressure Networks and any other new functionality in 2014 AFAIK.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 7
rkmcswain
in reply to: Jay_B

Jay_B wrote:

There are several caveats that can change could to would such as updated Pressure Networks and any other new functionality in 2014 AFAIK.

Yes, I should have mentioned that. There are documented issues with Pressure Networks, etc. in the 2014 help file (topic title = "Round-Tripping Data Between the Current Version and the Previous Version of AutoCAD Civil 3D"), and a good blog post on it here.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 7
troma

I saw some posts also about Gradings. I think it was that gradings made in 2014 don't show up in 2013, or something like that.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 7 of 7
ToddRogers-WPM

I reported a bug to Autodesk a few weeks ago with the transformation setting in Drawing Settings.  If you set a transformation in 2014, it will "zero" out the values in 2013 and will not do the transform.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report