Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

civil 3d 2013 wont load

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1234 Views, 4 Replies

civil 3d 2013 wont load

the autocad loading screen comes up and stops at "Opening drawing\C:\users\................ncs.dwt....0%"

it does this often, and i try to restart my computer and sometims that works. it also did this to me when i was using 2012. is it because i have the minimum requirements for RAM? (4GB)

thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

I've seen this occur when the last session of C3D does not exit cleanly. leaving WSCommCntr*.exe running. Next time this happens, start Task Manager, switch to the Processes tab, scroll down and find WSCommCntr*.exe (the * will be a number, depending on version), select each one EXCEPT the first, hit the End Process button. If there is only one listed, then this isn't the same problem you are seeing.

Clarification. If it is 2013 not starting, and there is a WSCommCntr3.exe listed but C3D2012 is not running, then this is the one that must be killed. Conversely, if starting 2012 and there is a WSCommCntr4,exe running when  C3D2013 is not, kill that one.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

thank you , that was very helpful...now i have another question...how do i get the trimble link on to my C3D ribbon? in 2012 i have the link and i forget how i got it there. does trimble even have one for 2013 yet?

Message 4 of 5
Jeff_M

Looks like Trimble Link is a separate download directly from Trimble. On their download page I only see a version for C3D2012. May want to contact them to ask about 2013 support.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

You're solution (task manager) does not seem to help the auto cad open... It still stops when trying to load the drawings... There is no wscommandcenter in the task manager, that doesnt seem to be my problem... Maybe not enough ram?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report