Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2013 Section View Databand Labels

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
btanner
1302 Views, 8 Replies

Civil 3D 2013 Section View Databand Labels

We've been using a section view databand label for various purposes on our production drawings. We've utilized this in Civil 3D 2010, 2011, and are now attempting to in 2013. We've copied and upgraded our 2011 tempates to 2013, started an new project, generated our section view group sheets, and attempted to add the databand labels using the View Group Properties dialog. This is unsuccessful. We've also selected one of the section views within the group and been able to successfully add that same label to this one individual section view. Weird.

So I started to do some testing: import the style from an old template and overwrite the new one, recreate the style from scratch, test on stand-alone and network versions of the software, install Civil 3D 2013 Hotfix 2.1, WBLOCK everything out and try it again, apply out of the box Standard databand labels to the section view group, start from an ACAD.DWT file straight out of the box and recreate from scratch, etc.; all without a positive outcome.

It isn't our style or how I'm applying it, as it still functions properly in older releases of the software. We're all running Windows 7 64-bit, all with a minimum of a 2.4 GHz i7/ 8 GB RAM/ 1 GB GPU / 7,200 RPM HDD or better. The error is happening across the board.

TL;DR

Has anyone else run into this issue; primarily the inability to add Section View Databand Labels to all Sections belonging to a Section View Group through the Section View Group Dialog?

i7 CPU, 16 GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
AutoCAD and Civil 3D Certified Professional
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
ccookusi
in reply to: btanner

Yes.

I have this problem as well in 2013.

When adding a band style using section view group properties, it puts them all in, however they all have "show labels" turned off for some reason.

Windows 10 Pro x64
Civil 3D 2018
Dell Precision 7720
i7 7700HQ
NVIDIA Quadro P3000
NVMe Samsung SSD 960 Boot
16 GB Ram
Message 3 of 9
btanner
in reply to: ccookusi

I just looked and see what you mean. Interesting. Very interesting. So adding databand labels to the Section View Group generates them in all the views (which I had previously confirmed) but doesn't display them because the default within each individual Section View's properties has the databand default for "Show Labels" unchecked.

Well, now I have to update my support request to better communicate what is going on. Thanks a ton for finding this and responding.

Message 4 of 9
ccookusi

No Problem.

I figured I would reply considering...

Give me call sometime...

Windows 10 Pro x64
Civil 3D 2018
Dell Precision 7720
i7 7700HQ
NVIDIA Quadro P3000
16 GB Ram
Message 5 of 9
btanner

Hard to imagine it was anything but a mistake leaving the default to unchecked for the databands being added. Thanks again.

It seems like forever already since working on the I-65 project. Hope everything is going well. I will definitely have to catch up with you sometime.

Message 6 of 9
ccookusi

Agreed.

Sounds good...

Windows 10 Pro x64
Civil 3D 2018
Dell Precision 7720
i7 7700HQ
NVIDIA Quadro P3000
16 GB Ram
Message 7 of 9
btanner

As an update, Autodesk Customer Support has been able to recreate this issue. The QA team is reviewing it as well. There is no set schedule for if or when this will have an official resolution (hotfix or service pack) or that it will necessarily be included in any future hotfix or service pack. I'll update again if I receive any further information.

Message 8 of 9
joantopo

I have "show labels" activated, but the labels data section do not show.

This problem is solvented?  

Windows 7 pro 64bits,C3D2013 64bits +SP1

Autocad C3D 2019 SP3, 2020 & 2021
Intel I9 9900K with frontal watercooler alphacool eisbaer 360 (original fans mounted in pull)- 3 fans Corsair 120 ML PRO in push.
MOBO Gygabyte Z390 Aorus Master- Corsair RGB Vengeance 64GB RAM (4x16) CL16
Nvidia Quadro RTX 4000
Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB (unit C). Samsung 970 PRO 512GB (for data)
Power Supply: Corsair TX850M PLUS

Descubre mi programa VisorNET para Civil 3D:
https://apps.autodesk.com/CIV3D/es/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3avisornet_windows32and64%3aes
Message 9 of 9
btanner

The problem still exists. I've attempted this with and without Service Pack 1 installed for Civil 3D 2013. Although there was a glimmer of hope on a recent project, the databand labels appeared initially, but once anything had been edited and the views updated, the labels went away and the individual section view settings dialogs would have to be opened and the box checked again to display the databands.

Although I initially listed the update of Autodesk recognizing the issue as a problem, I've removed the "Solution" tag from it, as the problem hasn't actually been fixed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report