Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Civil 3D 2013] Railway Double Track

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dyoxyne
1705 Views, 2 Replies

[Civil 3D 2013] Railway Double Track

Hello everyone, First of all, I wish everyone : Happy new year ! I used a little bit Civil 3D 2013 for railway design purpose. I understood all the basics but I still have a question : how to implement a railway with double track ? In the library, there is only SingleRail subassembly. I'm not sure how to implement what I want or if it already exists in Civil 3D 2013. I found a topic (2006) : http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Rail-subassembly/td-p/1778412/highlight/true#.UOox_2-... But it doesn't really answer my question. Thank you for your help.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sboon
in reply to: dyoxyne

I'm not entirely sure of what your problem is.  You should be able to use generic links to add multiple rail subs to your assembly.  Perhaps you could use an assembly offset to have the second track follow another alignment/profile.

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 3
dyoxyne
in reply to: dyoxyne

Hello Sboon, Thank you for your quick reply. Actually I have a computer science background (and almost nothing in railway design). I don't know if it is better to choose : 1/ An offset alignment + 2 assemblies (SingleRail) 2/ An offset assembly + 1 assembly with 2 sub assemblies In a curve, there is a cant value. I supposed that each rail should have their own cant value and should be interpreted separately. So, is the solution 1 more simple and more suitable for that ? Or the solution 2 ? Perhaps the solution 1 and 2 can have the same results ? Sorry if my questions are not cleared.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report