Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2013 Pipe Network Plan View Dragged Label Leader Origin Gap

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
cadtex
3040 Views, 13 Replies

Civil 3D 2013 Pipe Network Plan View Dragged Label Leader Origin Gap

I am currently running Civil 3D 2013 and have run into this dragged state leader origin gap issue when labeling structures in plan view. The label was done using a pipe network label to label a structure. It seems to only do it while labeling pipe network stuctures. There is an annoying separation between the leader arrowhead and the point of origin where the arrow head is actually supposed to be pointing at. As you can see in the attached image, the leader head is not at the origin (center of the inlet in this case) eventhough the station value within the label has the correct callout. Does anyone know how to make the arrowhead point to the origin? I have looked through the label styles and label settings but cannot find a solution to my issue.

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
troma
in reply to: cadtex

I've seen something similar with cogo points. Never looked into it though.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 14
DaveM
in reply to: troma

If it is like the COGO issue, autocad draws an imaginary bounding box around the block being used. The leader attaches to the box so if you can make the leader attach to a quadrant there is no gap, and at 45 degrees it is the greatest gap.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
ATI FirePro V5700(FireGL)
Win 7 Home Professional
Please use Kudos Where Deserved

Message 4 of 14
troma
in reply to: DaveM

Can you explain a little more please? How do you make it attach to a quadrant? Thanks.

Mark Green

Message 5 of 14
DaveM

By Quadrants, i just ment the four quadrants of a circle.

The cyan circle is your block.

The red square is the imaginary bounding box

If the leader is conected at 0,90,180,270 then there is no gap.

Any other ang provides some gap

With cogo points you have the option for the leader to attach the the block, aka bounding box, or to the point itself. I did not see a quick way to change the leader to the center of the circle.

Sorry its not the perfect answer.

.Bounding Box.png

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
Win 7 Home Professional

Message 6 of 14
troma

@dmartin wrote: 

With cogo points you have the option for the leader to attach the the block, aka bounding box, or to the point itself. I did not see a quick way to change the leader to the center of the circle.

Sorry its not the perfect answer.

What is the difference between attaching to the point, or the centre of the circle?  I would have thought that they were the same thing.  What result do you see if you attach to the point?

I'm not sure if any of this is going to help the OP, but there might be similarities from the cogo point leader to the structure leader.

Mark Green

Message 7 of 14
DaveM

Point Leader.png

If leader stops at marker is yes, it is the bounding box.

If leader stops at marker, it would go to the insert point of the block or the center of the "X" depending on the style of point selected.

Thanks,
Dave

Civil 3D 2013
HP Z400 Workstation
6GB of RAM
296GB HDD
Win 7 Home Professional

Message 8 of 14
cadtex

Thank you guys for posting. Yes the COGO point issue is resolved through the point style "Leader stops at marker toggle", but I have yet to find something similar for the labeling of pipe network structures in plan view. Anyone have an answer?

Message 9 of 14
Nikki101
in reply to: cadtex

I also need this answer....

Message 10 of 14
Nikki101
in reply to: Nikki101

I just noticed....  My Pipe networks are data referenced into a main printable drawing which is where the labels have been added.  Even though my references we already up to date, I re-sycronized them and the issue went away.  You may want to try syncronizing or refreshing your networks while viewing the drawing though your viewports...  Sorry I don't have time to fully test this theory now, but will sometime when my workload lightens up...

Message 11 of 14
herb8868
in reply to: Nikki101

label.PNGhello

I am facing same situation (see attached). I resync my pipe network and the leader moves to the center of the structure. just to do it again when I open the drawing later. And to make the matters worst, when I send it to the printer or I make PDF the leader stay awy from structure, even still shows in the drawing being attached.

It is becoming anoying to me. Any help

Hector

Message 12 of 14

I am running into the same issues with pressure networks. However in pressure networks the appurtenance label style attaches to the center point but the fitting label style attaches to the "invisible box." I cannot figure out anyway to have th leader attach to the center of the fittings. If anyone has any ideas how to do this please let me know. 

Capture.PNG

Message 13 of 14

I'm having he same issue. Did you ever find a solution? I also notice if you set a label back to its original state from the drag state it's insertion is now not on the point. if you grip and put it back, then drag again it moves. Very frustrating!!! I'm using 2014 same in 2016

Message 14 of 14
Nikki101
in reply to: GodetteIV

I have not yet found an acceptable solution to this problem.  I am still doing a lot of synchronizing pipe networks prior to printing...  That being said, I haven't been using a lot of 3d pipe networks for the past while so I am not 100% sure if any of my latest installed service packs have fixed the problem or not... Can anyone else comment on this with a better/more up to date solution?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report