Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2013 Part Publishing

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
mauserp08
2341 Views, 12 Replies

Civil 3D 2013 Part Publishing

Our company is in the process of making the move to 2013 and are really interested in using the pressure pipe and parts that are now available. I found the document for Part Publishing and decided to give it a go and create one for a Fire Hydrant. I followed the instructions given and did not have any problems until step 3.6 CONTENT File Creation of the document. I believe it was during this step that I recieved the following error message:

A png file was created for the part but Civil 3D failed to return my drawing back to the original Visual Style as stated in the instructins and the following message was displayed:

Command:

Error during Publish: eWasErased

I did finish up and created the CONTENT file and tried bringing in the part to a pressure network. I was able to add the part to my parts list and select the size. But when I tried to use the command Add Appurtenance I was asked to select the location for the part. I selected the end of my pipe and nothing happened. I even dropped it in by itself and still nothing showed up for the part. I think this has to do with the error message but have no way of knowing why I got the message.

Has anyone encountered this problem as well or were you successful in creating the part? Solutions? Suggestions on how to get this to work?

Thanks,

Sid.

Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
mauserp08
in reply to: mauserp08

After review the steps from the Part Publishing Wizard I decided to give it a go creating parts again. I was able to successfully create several parts that I have added to my parts library. I was then able to add them to my pressure pipe network and have not had any issues with them.

I still get the error message but it does not seem to affect the part or the network any. So far I have been able to create several bends and size as well as a fire hydrant assembly.

My guess on the error message is that it is a bug that displays the error message when no such thing has occurred. I would consider this issue resolved.

Thanks all.

Sid.

Message 3 of 13
TCCompany

Did that resolve the issue you had while adding valves nothing showed up.  I am having that problem.

Message 4 of 13
mauserp08
in reply to: TCCompany

TCCompany,

Sorry for not getting back to sooner to your question. Yes it did solve the problem.

When I use the PUBLISHPARTCONTENT command I still get the error message but it appears to a bug. The part is displayed as a rendered part when the command finishes and C3D displays the error message. I am still able to import the CONTENT file that was created and use it as part of my library without any problems.

So far I have been able to create valves, elbows, and fire hydrants, 35 in all for now, without any problems using them. Just make sure that you have the AUTODESKCONNECTIONPOINT in your part and the PLINE or LINE that you use for your CENTERLINE ENTITY as well.

Let me know if you are able to get this to work for you or if you would like some help in getting this figured out.

Sid.

Message 5 of 13
mohsen62m

Hello mauserp08,

When I do PUBLISHPARTCONTENT command, I recieve the following error:

Command: PUBLISHPARTCONTENT Select a solid for publishing
:
Select a centerline ENTITY that represents the previously selected solid.
:
Specify the Measuring Unit [Inches/Millimeters] <Inches>: M

Specify the Part Type [Cap/COupling/CRoss/Elbow/Hydrant/Plug/PUmp/Reducer/Tee/Valve/Wye] <Elbow>: c
_VSCURRENT
Enter an option [2dwireframe/Wireframe/Hidden/Realistic/Conceptual/Shaded/shaded with Edges/shades of Gray/SKetchy/X-ray/Other] <2dwireframe>: _G
Command:
Error during Publish: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.AcadApplication'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{070AA05D-DFC1-4E64-8379-432269B48B07}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

can you help me?

Message 6 of 13
mathewkol

This is an error that the programming interface (likely .NET) throws. Errors like this should be caught by the code itself and not presented to you in this way. It would appear to be a bug or some strange configuration or hardware error on your side.

Remember that this tool is "undocumented". Undocumented tools are undocumented generally because they're not quite finished yet and could contain problems.

I would try again, maybe using a different approach, in any, then contact Autodesk if it happens again.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 7 of 13
mohsen62m

Dear mathewk,

Thanks for your answer.

But, if this error may be a hardware error, that means it may work in another computer?

Message 8 of 13

it looks like you've been pretty sucessful at creating parts. I'm new to Civil 3D and solids.

I am trying to create a 8x6 tee and when I get to the publishing wizard I get this meassage. Must be an AutoCAD 3D SolidSelect a solid for publishing. Any suggestions?

Message 9 of 13
mauserp08

Hi Kathy,
Sorry it took me a while to get back to you. From what I can tell this is just a bug that really doesn't affect the creation of the content file. I have made several parts and have not had any issues with the creation of the CONTENT file even though I get this message. I have imported my content files that I created with no problems and have used the parts quite successfully in several projects. I am just ignoring the message since it is not really causing any problems.

Have you been able to import your CONTENT files and use the parts in your design?

Sid.

Message 10 of 13

I tried publishing a part and got the following message.

error during Publish: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject'
to interface type 'Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.AcadApplication'. This operation failed
because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with
IID '{070AA05D-DFC1-4E64-8379-432269B48B07}' failed due to the following error:
No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

After looking this error up it looks like a 32 bit machine will not work for this process.

Any suggestions?

Kathy

Message 11 of 13
mauserp08

Hi Kathy,
Again I apologize for not replying sooner. Things have been a bit hectic here lately and I am still catching up on everything. I have not encountered that error message before and do not have any ideas at this time. I will keep it in mind for the future and try to see if I can come up with. My machine is 64 bit so I may not be able to replicate your error. Please keep me updated if you come up with a fix.
Sid.

Message 12 of 13
jnelson1071

As I look for more information on pressure part building and connection points, one thing I don't see is what defines the part orientation?  I did a Gave Valve and depending on what direction the pipe is running, it will be upside down or right side up.  I'll continue to test to see what needs to be defined correctly, but for the sake of the community and to speed up my testing, I would like to post this out to the rest of you.

Another question I have..  I see in the provided parts that there is one defined part, but when you select it there are multiple options in the connection points section.  I guess I'm kind of confused by what I'm seeing.   This is not dynamically sizing the part, just showing what the ACP is attached to, right?  I still have to create a part for each size combination of that part?

Message 13 of 13
mauserp08
in reply to: jnelson1071

The solid needs to be situated with the top of the valve point up along the z axis. Take a look at the picture I have included of a gate valve I have created. Your part should come in at the correctly if you create it this way. So far I have not had any problems with the valve coming in upside down.

Gate valve 1.png

What you are seeing is the parts definitions that were created by Autodesk for the pressure pipes which do have a lot of sizes associated with them. If you open the sqlite file using the pressure pipe editor you will see tht there are a lot of sizes defined for those parts. Unfortunately as you create your own parts you do have to create a new one for each size that you want as they are not dynamic and are created from solids. So far I have created dozens of parts using a few manufacturers dimensions and details they have provided. The toughest part that I have created so far was a 6" fire hydrant assembly but that was after much practice creating bends and tees.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report