Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

civil 3d 2013 how to change static to dynamic in profile views

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
aluko0719
4897 Views, 6 Replies

civil 3d 2013 how to change static to dynamic in profile views

in civil 3d 2013 i have a existing surface, alignment, and profile that is data linked into another drawing when i create a profile view from the profile data link when i get to the profile display options under update mode it shows as beening static, i don't want it to be static i want it to be dynamic. is there a way or setting that will let me change that to static? we show the existing grade as hidden but with the static option set the grade shows up with long and short

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
BrianHailey
in reply to: aluko0719

Unfortunately you can't. The current workaround is to datareference in the surface and then create a surface profile in that drawing for your alignment. This way if the surface changes, the profile changes and you can use linetypes.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 7
aluko0719
in reply to: BrianHailey

thanks for the answer. i hope they fix this in a patch. in 2012 the line comes in as dynamic.

Message 4 of 7
Jeff_M

@aluko0719 wrote:

... in 2012 the line comes in as dynamic.

It has never been dynamic for me, in C3D2007-C3D2012. I have always used the same method Brian described.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 7
aluko0719
in reply to: Jeff_M

for us, in 2012 it always data linked as dynamtic and you could change it static

Message 6 of 7
csevers

I had the same problem, thanks.

Chris Severs, PE
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit
64.0 GB RAM
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 7 of 7

Remove the profile from prospector, 

...them from ribbon in profile->create profile->them add again the profile deleted in prospector.....

Now in profile data you can see the update is dinami

static.pngdeleted profile.pngdinamic.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report