Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2013 - Dynamic Surface Profiles acting as Static Profiles!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ceethreedee.com
1603 Views, 2 Replies

Civil 3D 2013 - Dynamic Surface Profiles acting as Static Profiles!

I am having some issues with surface profiles on a dreffed alignment no updating dynamically.

Currently it requires me to set them to static, then back to dynamic and they update.

I am well aware of the issue of dreffed surface profiles staying static. I am using the work around of dreffing in the surface and sampling in the drawing using the dreffed alignment.

Any ideas? Anyone else run into this issue?

Kapanther

Civil 3D 2021 (Update 1), ACAD (SP1.3) MAP (HF0.4)
Infraworks 2021.1,
Win 10 -DELL Precision Notebook 7730

ceethreedee.com
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mathewkol
in reply to: ceethreedee.com

No solution but I've seen the problem. In my experience this can be from 2 things:
1. Corruption in the dwg (can't be fixed with recover)
2. DWGs upgraded from older releases (2012 for example).

I like to make surface profiles in the same DWG as the alignment so I never have this problem.

And to contradict my earlier statements, I've tried 2012 files organized the way you do without a problem, so that's not always it.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 3
ggrembowiec
in reply to: mathewkol

Its not the best solution because it will sync everything in the drawing every time a new open occurs...but will at least show you the correct information when you finally can draw. add the lisp to your C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2017\Express --> paste-->Acaddoc.lsp..see link for attachment

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-forum/civil-3d-profiles-are-not-dynamically-updating...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report