Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2013 Curve Smoothing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1205 Views, 3 Replies

Civil 3D 2013 Curve Smoothing

Hi All,

I got a problem with the curve smoothing in the superelevation of my alignment.

I already applied the smoothing to the alignment and the corridor reads it fine. But when I reflect the superelevation in the data bands, it doesn't show the curve smoothing in the bands correctly and other smoothing are floating somewhere in the profile view. I attached an image of the problem. Thanks in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
peterfunkautodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Check the length of the smoothing curve. It looks like it is too long to do back to back curves in that transition (5.jpg). Make sure the length is not more than 1/2 of the transition distance (or maybe a little less).

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: peterfunkautodesk

Thanks Peter! We also tried applying lesser value for the curve smoothing but the same scenario happens. I attached an image of our applied smoothing, showing it in the superelevation view. The smoothing is applied but the only problem is in the data bands of the profile view. I hope you have some solution for this. thanks.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you ever end up finding a solution to this?

Experiencing the same problem, only solution i can find is to edit the style and turn off curve smoothing which also removes them prom the superelevation bands 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report