Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3d 2013 Bugs / Glitches

34 REPLIES 34
Message 1 of 35
9civil3d
7058 Views, 34 Replies

Civil 3d 2013 Bugs / Glitches

Been working on C3D 2013 for a few weeks - not sure if anyone else is having these problems:

• When zooming in/out using mouse wheel, cad doesn’t recognize past the first scroll intellizoom and places hundreds of ‘group of commands’ where the single zoom should be noted as ‘one’ intellizoom.  (Settings are set to combine pan & zooms).  The undo command limit is reached during a short drawing session due to this.  This is a major issue for me.  

zoom undo.jpg

• When isolating a polyline (and deselecting a feature line or other object) – autocad crashes.

• Can’t print the model network plan view from ssa – it has a code error everytime.

• Display of masked object (surface labels) in layout tab viewports (dark brown color behind text) issue.

• When editing quick properties in cui, upon exiting, the toolbars are moved off-screen on the left side adj to docked ‘properties’ (they’re locked).

• Unable to read the Object Data from the selected Autocad entity error pops up randomly, but doesn't affect anything.

• In layout tab with a rotated viewport – ortho reverts back to original ucs during move/copy command while zooming in/out.

34 REPLIES 34
Message 21 of 35
DP5150
in reply to: 9civil3d

I've lost the ability to display NE coordinate point labels in 2013, it will show the point style but not my text label.

Did it all the time in C3D2012 but its not happening in C3D2013.

It's there in the properties dialog box with all the values but will not display on my screen.

I've check layers on, tried different fonts and sizes, made sure "true was toggle where it needed to be in the label style,

the correct coordinate system was active in drawing properties, UCS world was correct, transparency settings etc..I'm at a lost.... 

Message 22 of 35
wfberry
in reply to: DP5150

The 3 R's ?

1.  Restart

2.  Re-Boot

3.  Repair

Bill

Re-install would be later.

Message 23 of 35
Sinc
in reply to: wfberry

There's also the usual problem...  For every bug Autodesk fixes in each release, they seem to introduce at least one more.  Very frustrating.  Especially considering every release is incompatible, and many people are forced to work in multiple releases, in order to collaborate with other companies.  It's very hard to keep track of what bugs are in what releases.

Sinc
Message 24 of 35
ishkav
in reply to: admin

Add to those:

1. tilted Cube with coordinate systems assigned to the drawing. the Cube shows sometimes as bottom even if it is the top.

2. Surface Legend Tables do not update dynamically when the surface data changes.

3. Viewport Type Choice does not work. 

4. Civil 3D objects do not use transparency anymore, so no more overlays with imagery for surfaces analysis.

5. Dragged State for arrows thru the xref does not change based on the styles.

There are more, but could not think about them all at this moment of night 🙂

Web: www.civildigest.com Twitter: @C3DIsh

Ishka
CAD Manager
Tom Groll Engineering
Email: ishka@tg-eng.com
Blog: http://www.civildigest.com, Twitter: C3Dish
Windows 7 x64, IDS 2014, 2013 & C3D 2012
Intel i7 930 @ 2.8Ghz, 12GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 9600GT

Message 25 of 35
MehwashAbbas-WPM

I have also experienced several issue listed so far. Here is another: I edit a DWT (specifically Parts Lists), save, exit. Upon reopen, all the changes have been lost. No errors or warnings were given when I closed the DWT. There seems to be a SAVE bug. Maybe related to this topic: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Data-Shortcut-Error-2011/td-p/2682434

Message 26 of 35
troma
in reply to: MehwashAbbas-WPM

Are you talking about the pipe networks parts list?  If so, I believe that is not saved in the template, but in a separate file.

The command AECCSETNETWORKCATALOG will check which file each machine is pointed to.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 27 of 35
BrianHailey
in reply to: troma

Parts lists are stored in the drawing. Parts catalogs are not.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 28 of 35
ashleycolley9070

I got logitech to send an old copy of the software that includes the 'middle button' option. It works great in 2013 for panning!

Message 29 of 35
JDonville1

I have issues with the layer properties manager. There are issues when creating new layers and renaming them in the properties manager. This worked flawlessly in C3D2010. Note that I experience this issue adding/renaming layers in a group filter view (my default work habit). I have not tried in the All Layers view.

-Jeff

Message 30 of 35
ArchD
in reply to: JDonville1

When working with Style based pen settings, feature lines and alignments that are externally referenced take on the xrefs layer plot style instead of the objects plot style. So a design can only have one lineweight once xrefed. So far only a problem with feature lines and alignments, surface styles are fine. Also does not matter if the style properties are set to ByLayer, ByBlock or a named plot style.

Archie Dodge
Applications Expert - Infrastructure Solutions Division
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 31 of 35
luim_24_01

This problem persists in c3d 2014 to zoom and scroll with the mouse wheel, this is annoying ... I thought that the 2014 version would fix this problem.

Message 32 of 35
M0kuh
in reply to: Sinc

You can use the button behind the wheel as middlebutton. When having no logitech driver installed that button is standard used by windows as middle button.

Grtz

Message 33 of 35
Mikeclan.va
in reply to: M0kuh

We're having a problem with a few of our PC's, and I'm not even sure were to begin describing it.

In various files, we seem to have a problem with AutoCAD reading data from either the Alignments for roads, or the Existing surfaces. 

In some instances, 1 user can pull up the drawing, and everything shows up fine (see Grid-1 attachment)

They save, exit, and user 2 opens the same drawing. And gets an incomplete profile (see Grid-2)

Typically we're missing either existing or proposed grades, either existing or proposed elevation labels, and User 2 will be missing pipe data for Sanitary and Sewer systems.

We've been kicking this around for a while, and can't find the answer. If anyone else has an idea, please let me know.

Message 34 of 35
troma
in reply to: Mikeclan.va

Are these items data shortcut into the drawing?
Are you getting a commandline message "Unable to locate project" when user 2 opens the drawing?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 35 of 35
Mikeclan.va
in reply to: troma

My understanding is that the pipe networks and roadway aligments and surfaces are drawn in a masterplan Roads drawing file.

The profiles are drawn in a profiles only drawing, with the pipe networks and surfaces data-referenced into the Profiles drawing.

There is not a command line error message.

There is however a Event list (see attached)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report