Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2012 Survey Points issue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
236 Views, 5 Replies

Civil 3D 2012 Survey Points issue

Hello Everyone,

Any time I open a drawing that contains survey information or if I try to import survey data, my C3D 2012 gets an error and unexpectedly closes the program. I have installed all service packs and hotfixes. Computer is as follows:

Intel Core i5-4570s 2.9 Ghz

8 GB RAM

Intel HD 4600 Graphics card

single monitor

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MarySeufert
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello and welcome to the forums,

Well first potential problem is Civil 3D 2012 + Windows 8.1 = Not supported. Who knows what kind of issues can happen with this combination. That OS didn't exist when 2012 was developed so there are probably lots of small (or large) issues that can happen.

Have you run an audit on these drawings? Are you using survey database? Perhaps attach the drawing and data to see if this can be replicated. If you don't feel comfortable sharing the data, can your co-workers replicate this?

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: MarySeufert

I understand the OS is not supported but this is occuring while running C3D in Win 7 compatibility mode. Any further ideas?

Message 4 of 6
wfberry

Running C3D in Windows 7 compatiblilty mode, but you don't have Windows 7.

Bill

Message 5 of 6
MarySeufert

I'll repeat myself...

Have you run an audit/recover on these drawings? Are you using survey database? Attach the drawing and data to see if this can be replicated. If you don't feel comfortable sharing the data, can your co-workers replicate this?

I can not replicate this behavior with C3D 2012 installed on Win 7 with my own data. So if you want to rule out the issues listed, you will have to share your data. Otherwise I can't help you.

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: MarySeufert

Windows 8.1 allows me to run compatibilty mode on C3D 2012 down to version XP. I've ran an audit and recover on the survey database. No errors. I've created a new database as well with no luck. My coworker is running windows 7 and has no problems with the data. He also ran an audit and recover. No errors. I'm currently partitioning the hard disk on my computer and installing Windows 7. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report