Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Civil 3D 2012 SP1

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
neilyj666
1072 Views, 12 Replies

Civil 3D 2012 SP1

Anyone installed this yet?? Any problems??

Thanks

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Jeff_M
in reply to: neilyj666

Yes. No. THe text edit issues appears to be corrected. Haven't noticed any new problems.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 13
hgohel

Hi Neil,

You may be particularly interested in this performance enhancment šŸ™‚

Surface volume computation performance has been improved.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 13
neilyj666
in reply to: hgohel

Thanks

I'll just make an executive decision and install right now........

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 13
neilyj666

....up and running again - no issues yet.....!!!!!

EESignature

Message 6 of 13
mbennum

I installed the 2012 SP1 last friday, and now I can't attach any XREF's. 

At least 3 of us here where I work have the same issue, and the only thing I can think that would have caused it is the SP.

From the Reference Manager window, if you try to right-click>Attach DWG (or PDF or anything else), nothing happens.

On the cmd line _XATTACH shows up, but the file selection window never comes up.

The file selection doesn't show on the cmd line either so I don't think it's FILEDIA.

Anyone else seen this? 

Message 7 of 13
Jeff_M
in reply to: mbennum

@mbennum wrote:

At least 3 of us here where I work have the same issue, and the only thing I can think that would have caused it is the SP.

From the Reference Manager window, if you try to right-click>Attach DWG (or PDF or anything else), nothing happens.

On the cmd line _XATTACH shows up, but the file selection window never comes up.

The file selection doesn't show on the cmd line either so I don't think it's FILEDIA.

Anyone else seen this? 

Nope, works just fine for me. My guess is the Dialog box is off screen for some reason.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 13
mbennum
in reply to: Jeff_M

@Jeff_M wrote:

@mbennum wrote:

Anyone else seen this? 

Nope, works just fine for me. My guess is the Dialog box is off screen for some reason.

Hm, that's a good guess. 

I am running two monitors though and it isn't on either of them, so I'm not sure where else it would be. 

Also, if that was the problem I wouldn't be able to do anything else inside Acad until I hit Esc to dismiss the dialog, and that isn't the case, it just acts like the command didn't happen and I can continue on doing whatever else.

Message 9 of 13
GZE
Advocate
in reply to: mbennum

I faced the same probled after installing ribbon hotfix which was posted on 15th Nov on Adesk support site , my solution was to remove the posted dll's files, I faced no problems after isntalling the ribbon hotfix which was reposted and SP1.

Try to check acmgd.dll version.

Humphrey GZE
Civil 3D 2013 64bit SP1
Elitebook 8540w
Core i7 2.8GHz, 8Gig RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX880
160Gb SSD
Message 10 of 13
nimadadgar57
in reply to: GZE

when i am using Station Tracker in multiple  view ports, to track the plan and profile, sometimes there are more than one tracker line in one profile view and then FATAL ERROR, and it happens every 15 min. and also i installed service pack and it dose not solve my problem 

Nima Dadgar, Sogea Satom Co.

C3D 2012,

Win 7 64, AMD phenom II 3.4GHZ 6 core,
16 GB RAM, nVidia Quadro 4000

Message 11 of 13
neilyj666
in reply to: nimadadgar57

I seem to be having issues with DRIVE - http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Odd-behaviour-using-DRIVE/m-p/3236916/highlight/false...

EESignature

Message 12 of 13
neilyj666

DRIVE doesn't work properly with SP1 installed - confirmed by Autodesk

"...Ok, thanks for the details. 
I did some more test and can confirme the issue.

Yes, unfortunately, the issue you mentionned is a "side effect" of installing Update1.

I will report this issue to our dev. team. 

For now, I would say keep the mous in the drawing area if this is acceptable for you. If not, then you may have to use Civil 3D without  update1.

Thanks a lot for reporting this issue.
Please let me know if that answer your question or if you need more details from my side.

Best regards,..."

EESignature

Message 13 of 13
flynbrians

You are correct. I also removed the dll's and restored with the origional ones and it works fine. Now I have issues with very slow properties dialog to populate. UGH!!!! C3D2012 is not a clean program. Autodesk keeps pushing out product that has not been truly beta tested. Sucks that we get to help autodesk for free when our clients and the compnay we work for are the ones who pay!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Ā 

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Ā