Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2011 taking 10minutes+ loading a drawing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
237 Views, 1 Reply

Civil 3D 2011 taking 10minutes+ loading a drawing

I have been working in this same file for the past few weeks and have had no issues opening it until the past day or two.

The drawing is taking at least 10minutes to open if it even opens at all, the loading process seems to get held up on "Loading AecCivilBase..." When I check task manager the RAM being used by C3D is slowely increasing (got up to 11GB last time before I stopped it). When I actually do get the file open, it is using well under 1GB.

Can anyone think of what could be causing the problem or does anyone know what the AecCivilBase file is or where it is saved?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Ross

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jeff_M
in reply to: Anonymous

The AeccCivilBase contains the base code for C3D. Seeing it stuck as you do does not necessarily mean that IT is stuck, it's just the last thing loading when the process hit something in t=your drawing that IS stuck.

Have you tried RECOVER on the drawing?

My guess is that this involves either an errant Hatch, possibly using associative boundary from an Xref, or a featureline/grading group that has lost it's way.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report