Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2011 Stutering / Lag

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
epyonxx
539 Views, 4 Replies

Civil 3D 2011 Stutering / Lag

Specs:

Autocad Civil 3D 2011

Dual core 2.8 Ghz

GTX 260  (Graphics Card)

8 gigs of DDR2 ram

Dual monitors

Windows 7 64 bit

Lags when I first open Civil 3D 2011 but it gets better after around 45 seconds.  The biggest problem is when I insert a PDF.  It will take 2-3 seconds after moving the mouse before the computer / Civil 3D recognizes that I moved my mouse, clicked a button, or did anything at all.  This happens continuiously no matter where my mouse is or what I am doing till I delete the PDF from the screen.

The processor never exceeds 30%-40% usage and there is still plenty of RAM not being used.

Anyone else experience this problem and have any idea how to fix it?  Starting to think there is just something wrong with Civil 3D 2011 when it comes to PDFs.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Sinc
in reply to: epyonxx

What kind of CPU do you have?  If it's an old Pentium D, then your problem might simply be slow CPU.  When I insert PDFs into drawings, it does slow down C3D a fair bit, but nothing like what you're describing.  I mostly just notice that panning/zooming around in the drawing gets rather slow when PDFs are in there.

Sinc
Message 3 of 5
epyonxx

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103861

That is the CPU I am currently running.

Message 4 of 5
Sinc

Yes, that's a pretty old chip.  As I recall, it was better than similar Pentium-D chips, but in the same class.  It could be the heart of your problem.

There could be something else going on, but your CPU is definitely on the weak end for Civil 3D.

Sinc
Message 5 of 5
epyonxx

The reason I did not think it was the problem was because its not even maxing the processor in Task Manager.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report