Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2011 Create Multiple Section Views--Plot By Page--Plot Area Tab

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
lissaucad
5958 Views, 9 Replies

Civil 3D 2011 Create Multiple Section Views--Plot By Page--Plot Area Tab

Creating road section views is a critical part of what we do in my department. This is where I have spent the bulk of all of my time learning Civil 3d since I started using it in 2006. For the most part I have always had to do lot's of trial and error using the Create Multiple Section View Command. The 1st thing I have noticed in the Civil 3D 2011 software is that the plot by page option on the plot area tab is missing the sheet style option. Without this option, I do not have any control over what the always wonderful green and yellow borders do the annotative science depiction for my multisheet cross sections. I have recently done the tutorials for the Create Section Sheets command. My goal is to use that command to created multiple section sheets with my titleblock and generate a sheet set. Many hours have been spent so far with very little progress. It's amazing that 20% of my time is spent doing road corridor models and 80% of my time is Creating Multiple Section Views and the sheet for these things. What I could do in c3d 2010 now seems impossible in c3d 2011. See attached pdf. Any help would be much appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
idmadcadder
in reply to: lissaucad

I've recently spent a quite a bit of time setting the section stuff up on 2011 for us to use. You are correct that this option is missing, but it is not needed. When you create your multiple sections in model space pick the Production, and then pick the title block you are going to use. You will then get your sheets plotted in model space with the green and yellow borders you are looking for. There is a new plan production process for cutting section sheets that you use if you want to do the whole thing automated, which works nicely. Otherwise I usually just do the Draft Group Plot Style in my design drawing to look at.

Brent Daley
Civil Designer/CAD Services Manager
The Land Group, Inc.
Civil 3D 2016 SP1
Windows 10 x64
Core i7 3.40 GHz 8gb RAM
Message 3 of 10
gchakri

Did you check Creation Sections and Section Sheets Tutorials <>. Also there is a youtube video on this topic <>. Please checkit out.

I agree that these new tools are different from the workflow in R2010, but the new tools should simplify and automate most of the process done in the past and reduce dependency on the trial and error.

~Chakri

Chakri.G

Senior Product Manager

Message 4 of 10
gchakri

sorry - this link should take you to one of the said tutorial directly <>.

Chakri.G

Senior Product Manager

Message 5 of 10
lissaucad

Thanks for all of your replies.
The answers are in the tutorials. I just copied there styles and setups and everything seemed to work with a little tweaking.
Message 6 of 10
wang890

we need to plot sections reading from small station on bottom page to larger station to higher on the page. before was controlable now i can't figure out.

also how come the section is always flush against the view port? and the border offset can't be controlled? before there are offset controls

see attachment. the cyan is "sheet border" how come not at an offset from the viewport?

Stantec
Dell Precision 5530, Prism M320PU, C3D 14/17/19
Message 7 of 10
Pollmuller

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012

Windows 7

System Type: x64

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU W3565 @ 3.20 GHz

I’ve just learned about this somewhat automated feature to print section views, and I’m really excited about it!

Thanks for the advice about the “Production” setting but it seems that none of my templates work. I can’t find any that are specifically identified for sections and I think that might be the problem. My CAD in looking for this file:

C:\Users\a.b \appdata\local\autodesk\c3d 2012\enu\template\Plan Production\Civil 3D (Metric) Section.dwt

And I don’t have it. Is there somewhere that I can download it or is there a substitute I can use?

My last question is about custom title blocks. I have a standard title block in my office and I would like to be able to print my sections on it. Possible?

Thanks

Erika

AUTOCAD Civil 3D 2013
Windows 7
Processor: Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU W3565 @ 3.20GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 12.0GB
System Type: 64-bit

Thanks

Erika
Message 8 of 10
potterg

I found the easiest thing to do is create my own template with the right sheet size set in the layout and then setup a view port with the viewport type set to section within that layout.  I had a problem getting the viewport type to stay as section, it kept changing back to undefined.  To fix this problem set PROPERTYPREVIEW to off through the command line.

I had to do this since we use 11x17 (full size) sheets for our final production sets and none of the templates are set for that.

Hope that helps.

Message 9 of 10
sonalee
in reply to: gchakri

can u please send me the same link too...I m facing the similar problem...thanx

Message 10 of 10
sonalee

can u please send me the same link too...I m facing  similar problem...thanx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report