Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2010 tool palletts blank for subassemblies

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
2109 Views, 13 Replies

Civil 3D 2010 tool palletts blank for subassemblies

Has anyone run into a problem with the assembly tool pallets. I install Civil 3D 2010 and there is nothing in the tool pallets for sub assemblies.The only thing that is there is a message telling you how to create a tool palette.
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Don't shoot the messenger.  Did you accidently
open up "Civil 3D 2010 as AutoCAD"?

Bill

style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
Has
anyone run into a problem with the assembly tool pallets. I install Civil 3D
2010 and there is nothing in the tool pallets for sub assemblies.The only
thing that is there is a message telling you how to create a tool
palette.
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous

don't think so because everything else civil is there. Maybe i need to try rebuilding my image.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

recreated the deployment with all the default settings and the road subassembly pallets are still blank, also there does not apear to be and catalog there either.

Anyone else having this happen.
Message 5 of 14
jtlamb

I had that problem with all installations from the network. I had to uninstall the network deployment and reinstall from the original DVD's and after that had no problems. Took a little time to uninstall and reinstall but fixed the problem for me.
Message 6 of 14
bpattengale

We've had the same problem at my office. It has something to do with the network install/deployment. Never found a fix for the deployment issue. As previously mentioned just uninstall 2010 and reinstall it directly from the DVDs and the palattes should be there.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

Well here is the word from audesk. Thanks for all you input

We had several reports about similar issue and our development is looking into permanent solution right now. It appears that the issue happens when the deployment is created from DVD when some entries are written in the directories and when second disc in entered these values are not overwritten so that subassemblies directories are not populated with the entire content.
So the workaround is to copy the entire content of DVDs into new directory on Hard Drive and running setup.exe from there to create deployment. If you only have one machines with missing toll palettes you may also try manually copying these directories:
If installation is successful palettes catalogs should be copied into C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D2010\enu\Tool Catalogs\Road Catalog directory. Please go to this location and check if files in there have similar file sizes as shown in video: http://screencast.com/t/ZK0tG6bA93
Also, in Options menu, Files tab you can see Tool Palettes File Location path which should point to the following location be default:
C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2010\enu\Support\ToolPalette\Palettes if not, please set this path accordingly and see if that helps.
Then go to this location and check if files copied in there are having similar sizes. If they are missing or have something like 1KB size I would suspect that your deployment may be incomplete.
Check ...\AdminImage\x86\C3D\Content\cp_C3D_RoadCatalogs and see if Road_Catalogs.cab file is in there. This (compressed) file has Road Catalog directory with these catalogs in it. As a workaround, you may try to manually copy them (extract) into the location shown in C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Autodesk\C3D 2010\enu\Support\ToolPalette\Palettes
One other thing to check is if this key exists in registry. Please go to Start>Run and type REGEDIT to access registry editor. Then browse to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.0\ACAD-8000:409\Profiles\\General\RegisteredToolsPath and see if it points to:
%RoamableRootFolder%\Support\RegisteredTools
Message 8 of 14
mjung

So much for an easy deployment ...... Thanks for the possible work arounds. Will have to wait till tomorrow to see which one works.

Civil 3D 2024 / Windows 11 Pro (64bit)
Intel Core I7 @3.30GHz / 32gig RAM / NVIDIA Quadro K2200
Message 9 of 14
mjung

Looks like the first workaround of copying all DVD's to hard drive and recreating the deployment is the winner. This happens to be the solution if the "Content Packs" also don't install.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=13251797&linkID=9240697

Civil 3D 2024 / Windows 11 Pro (64bit)
Intel Core I7 @3.30GHz / 32gig RAM / NVIDIA Quadro K2200
Message 10 of 14
JeffPaulsen

Thanks for the heads up on this.

We had to use this same workaround for a previous release (2007?).
Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 11 of 14
areese9779

Here is an easier solution provided by Autodesk this morning that doesn't require reinstalling anything on users machines, nor recreating the administrative image.

1. Copy the entire :\x86\C3D\CONTENT directory from DVD #2 and overwrite the Content folder in \AdminImage\x86\C3D.

2. Return to the \Tools directory and select 'Create & modify a deployment'

3. Proceed through the wizard to 'Modify an existing deployment'

4. No changes need to be made. When the Create Deployment option appears, select the button to update the deployment

5. On each of the client machines, run a repair of your AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 product from the Control Panel and select the Reinstall option

Launch AutoCAD Civil 3D 2010 and confirm that the Tool Palettes have been populated
Andy Reese
C3D 2016, SP3
Dell Precision M4800, Windows 10 64-bit
Message 12 of 14
noor.azhar

Anyone has "Metric - Daylight" missing even after deployed from Server's hard disk?
Message 13 of 14
EskewAK

**SOLVED** **KIND OF**

I ran into this problem while testing some builds (C3D 2010 on Win7 x64). We copied the Content folder from the DVD into the network installation package and did reinstalls through Add/Remove Programs. This worked fine; however, in preparing for the full office-wide deployments we decided to take Autodesk's wonderful advice in copying the contents of the installation DVDs to a local drive and creating a deployment from there. My own lack of testing ended up in an office-wide deployment wherein the tool palettes were still empty, just as they were in the first deployment.

This brought me to trying to find a way to resolve the issue without having to spend a half hour repairing every CAD installation in the office. I'll cut to the chase:

Autodesk's only suggestion is to copy the Content folder from the installation DVD to the network installation package and then do a reinstall of each computer's CAD installation.

My solution is as follows:

The repair only needs to be done on one computer, then there are a handful of files that can be copy/pasted to each machine to resolve the issue.

From the repaired computer, copy the entire contents of C:\Users\%username%\Appdata\Autodesk\C3D 2010\enu\Support\ToolPalette.
From the repaired computer, copy the contents of C:\Users\%username%\Appdata\Autodesk\C3D 2010\enu\Support\RegisteredTools.

The RegisteredTools folder should already contain an catalog file called AcTpTools.atc. Two others (ADTMtlStockTools.atc and C3DStockTools.atc) are ones that need be copied.

Paste these items into the corresponding folders of each installation that needs be repaired. Restart CAD and the tool palettes should be available.

Disclaimer: This solution worked on a Civil 3D 2010 installation on Windows 7 64-bit OS. Other variables in installation packages, or customized tool palettes may conflict with this solution. However, for me, this worked and probably saved 20+ billable hours.

PS: Great job, Autodesk, on the wonderful variety of solutions you've provided to this well-known issue.

Edited by: EskewAK on Apr 19, 2010 9:50 PM

Edited by: EskewAK on Apr 19, 2010 9:50 PM Edited by: EskewAK on Apr 19, 2010 9:51 PM
Message 14 of 14

Hey guys,

We're running into the same problem, but are using the C3D files downloaded directly from the Autodesk Subscription site.  Do you know if the "File 1" and "File 2" from the site correspond to DVD #1 and DVD #2 and will allow us to do the same procedure mentioned?  Or should we use the "repair" method mentioned too??

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report