Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2010 Lockup - Clean Reinstall

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
wturley
606 Views, 4 Replies

Civil 3D 2010 Lockup - Clean Reinstall

Anyone else having problems with Civil 3D 2010 locking up, it did when I right click in the data shortcut folder to set my working folder. When it locks up and I close Civil 3D 2010, I reopen it and Civil 3D 2010 stops loading at Loading AECC BASE UI, The only way I can use it again is to do a clean sweep uninstall and reinstall 2010. A repair does not work. This has been a pain and has happen twice. Anyone have any clues why or any suggestions would be appreciated. Only thing I can guess is there is error in the drawing since it was last save in 2009 maybe?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hgohel
in reply to: wturley

Hi,

Would you reply by email (himanshu dot gohel @ autodesk). There may be something that you might try. Thanks.
Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
rhangsleben
in reply to: wturley

I just ran into this problem too. I was creating a data shortcut for a surface when C3D froze and crashed. When I went to reopen C3D, the program would not initiate and always got hung up in the same place you mentioned......loading AECC BASE UI. I restarted the computer with the same result. Knowing that the creation of the data shortcut caused it to flop in the first place, I deleted the xml shortcut file. When I did this, C3D initialized straight away.

This is a legacy project that I inherited with a bazillion folders/directories. The CAD data is being saved 15 layers deep in the directory structure at this point. Then you ad the ridiculously long xml file name C3D creates on top of that and I wonder if things are getting hung up when initializing as it trys to see the data shortctus and/or working folder when burried deep in a directory? Remember when you open a drawing related to Project A, B, C, or Z that the data shortcuts area in the toolspace is always looking at the last working folder/data shortcuts you told it to. Project DWG files are not automatically linked to a working folder/specific data shortcuts as the SDSK project did in Land Desktop.
Message 4 of 5
alloftin
in reply to: hgohel

I'm having the same problem.  CAD crasehd yesterday and I wasn't having this problem.  After the crash I was trying to reset teh working folder and it freezes up.   

Was there ever a resolution to this problem?

Message 5 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: alloftin

I don't know if a solution was found but one f the first questions to ask is, "Did you install all of C3D 2010's updates after a clean install?"

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report