Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3d 2010 Home License Use Activation Issue - Trouble Activating

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bryancollins3174
451 Views, 2 Replies

Civil 3d 2010 Home License Use Activation Issue - Trouble Activating

I have installed Civil 3d 2010 using the Home Use License CDs provided to me from our IT guys who got them through Autodesk.  At the time I wasn't provided the code, just the serial number but I needed to use the software immediately so I used the Trial version 000-000000 or whatever that trial code.  The trial has run out.  So now when I want to 'Activate' the software and I click on the 'Activate' button a registration window pops up, but there is only notepad-like gibberish text.

I repaired the install and still the gibberish text when trying to activate.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem?

I thought about uninstalling and re-installing the software, but I read on the Installation Guide.pdf that when you uninstall the software the license information is left on the computer to eliminate having to reactivate so wouldn't I potentially be in the same boat again.

Hopefully someone can help me with this major problem.  I really need to get this software working so I can start my personal certification training at home.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Bryan Collins

CADD Technician

Bryan Collins
Cadd Technician
Windows 7 Prof w/ SP1, 64bit, Xeon 3Ghz, 16GB
Civil 3D 2013
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: bryancollins3174

This may be a better place to get help with this:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Have-an-Installation-Question-New-Installation-amp-Li...

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 3
bryancollins3174
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks. I just posted to the other forum as you suggested.  Hopefully I can get help from somewhere.

Bryan

Bryan Collins
Cadd Technician
Windows 7 Prof w/ SP1, 64bit, Xeon 3Ghz, 16GB
Civil 3D 2013

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report