Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

civil 3D 2009 pasteclip not working

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tishwah
572 Views, 4 Replies

civil 3D 2009 pasteclip not working

I am having problems copying and pasting from one file to another using the copy/ paste pull down menu, or right click shortcut menu in C3D 2009. I can select the items to be copied, but then when I attempt to paste them into another file, I get an "invalid" error message. I have seen other posts on this topic, but have not seen a solution. It does not seem to matter if the copied material comes from a newer version or older version of cad. I have tried copying from 2007 into 2009, and from 2013 into 2009. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
troma
in reply to: tishwah

What happens when you paste from 2009 into 2009?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 5
jmayo-EE

Two more questions.

1. What objects are being copied?

2. Are you using Civil or Civil 3D? Not sure if Civil was produced in 09 but you will not be able to copy/paste map objects with Civil.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 5
tishwah
in reply to: jmayo-EE

It is Civil 3D, 2009. It started off as objects from other .dwg files, details, text, title blocks, etc... random things we use from drawing to drawing. Some would copy, some would not. now it has gotten to the point that nothing will copy over, and not even within my own file that I am working in! It doesnt make a difference if I do it via right click options, or the pull down menu options for copy/ paste clip.

The other designer in the office uses civil 3d 2013, but not all of these issues have come from drawings that she has opened or revised. I am wondering if it is a 2009 issue?

Message 5 of 5
japa40

I had the same problem.

using the commands "pasteclip" or "insert" could not import the entities from some files.

but holy "XREF" did it Smiley Wink

i hope it can help you too.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report