Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2007 Next Point Number Option

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
scohen
130 Views, 2 Replies

Civil 3D 2007 Next Point Number Option

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a way to unlock the ability edit the next point number that the Create Point command used to allow (in the Next Point Number setting)? It has a lock next to it now and I have checked Command Settings, Point Feature Settings, etc., and can't find a way to allow me to edit the next point number (see att. image). If the ability to edit the next point number is disabled, in 2007, that would be a little dissapointing :-).

Also, in a somewhat related issue, is anyone else having issues editing description keys? When I right-click on the description key table (DEFAULT) and select Edit Keys from the context menu, only one of my description keys appears in the Panorama. When I right-click on the Description Key Sets node (Prospector > Settings tab), and select Refresh, the Panorama refreshes with all the keys.

Thanks in advance for any input.

-Seth Cohen
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: scohen

Seth,

Right click on "Point" and "Edit Feature Settings..." In that dialog you'll
be able to modify the next point number. This works the same way in 2006.

Cheers,

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
scohen
in reply to: scohen

Hi Peter,

Thanks so much for responding.

I am aware of the setting there, but in 2006 you could change the Next Point Number (i.e. 500, 1000, etc.) in the expanded Create Points dialog box before you started a command, kind of "on the fly" (see att.image). Now, you would have to go to the Edit Feature Settings dialog box every time before you run the command. I guess my real question is, why has this functionality changed in 2007?

Thanks again.

p.s. Can you verify my issue with editing description keys (thanks)?

-Seth

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report