Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3D 2006 installation problem

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
133 Views, 0 Replies

Civil 3D 2006 installation problem

We are having a problem with installation of the Civil 3D 2006 on some machines. The problem appears to be that Civil 3D is checking for a virtual drive that is not connected to the system and then halts the install when it can not find the drive. For example checking the log after a failure, the installation went looking for a drive G:. The Civil3D.log had the following in it:

About halfway down in the log is:

MSI (s) (20:20) [12:54:55:962]: SHELL32::SHGetFolderPath returned: G:\Office C Drive\My Documents\My Pictures

Near the bottom is:

MSI (s) (20:20) [12:55:17:902]: Product: Autodesk Civil 3D 2006 -- Error 1327. Invalid Drive: G:\

Error 1327. Invalid Drive: G:\

I was finally able to load the program on that machine once I stuck a couple of flash drives on to make the system recognize a drive G:. Other systems have had drive J:, etc. Some machines have loaded fine. Any thoughts as to what is causing this? I kept a copy of the Civil3D.log if it is of any help.
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report