Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 3-D SP1 multiple users issue

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mwilkinsonls2
330 Views, 8 Replies

Civil 3-D SP1 multiple users issue

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

At first glance, no, the service pack does not fix the issue, you would need to use the workaround solution provided.
John Gordon
CAD Manager/Survey Technician

C3D 2018/2020
Microstation
Windows 10
Message 3 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: mwilkinsonls2

I see they are finally acknowledging this is an issue. What I've been doing = let user 2 launch C3D, shut down, then copy the files from the original profile to user 2's profile.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 9
mwilkinsonls2
in reply to: rkmcswain

Getting each user to copy the files or reset their profile isn't enterprise friendly. Especially if you have 1000s of users. Also for Education the summer may be the only time they can upgrade/re-image. Multiple users is a fundamental concept of good software. Due to how large the autodesk products are and how many pre-reqs they require the summer period is the time when the move to 2014 to 2015 will happen.

Message 5 of 9
rkmcswain

I totally agree, I wasn't making excuses for Adsk.

I'm baffled how breaks in basic functionality like this are not caught during the beta, and then again when the first SP doesn't address it.
Message 6 of 9
mwilkinsonls2

It would be good if someone from Autodesk could offer an estimate for when a fix will be available.

I had a look though the registry and their a lot of paths to the profile of the user who installed the software. The paths should really contain %username% .

Also a notification system for service packs/fixes would be helpful.

The really strange thing is on a standalone PC (not on a domain) multiple users seems to be able to launch C3D 2015 x64 .

Message 7 of 9
rkmcswain

1. As a general rule (99.9% of the time), they do not announce future plans such as this.
  3. It's built into Civil 3D, AutoCAD, etc.via the Application Manager (presuming it isn't deleted during the install or uninstalled later)
  4. I only see the "partial/corrupt" secondary user profiles on about 1/2 of our domain machines. I have not been able to figure out why it works on some machines but not others....
Message 8 of 9
mwilkinsonls2

1. I only see the "partial/corrupt" secondary user profiles on about 1/2 of our domain machines. I have not been able to figure out why it works on some machines but not others....

Do you use a mixture of roaming and local profiles?

I know roaming profiles are not supported by Autodesk but the issue does'nt seem to occur.

These registry keys seem to keep the records of users.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\Folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\14A901DEE0AFB8A45A508C3CA5FD14F5

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\3E487C5C1E3426D0E184344D7EED8CE6

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Components\B7F27C72E12F9D548B71635E6B6BC2B3

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R20.0\ACAD-E000:409\aecProfile\Macros

The last one has many paths into user profiles, should really be c:\users\%username%\appdata\roaming\autodesk\c3d\support .

There are string values called ROAMINGUSERFILESFOLDER and similar but no ones for local users.

Message 9 of 9
Joe-Bouza

Couldn't an enterprise solution impilment the work around by running a batch file in the user startup or something to that effect?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report