Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 2015 Bad Hatch Performance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Waterfree
599 Views, 2 Replies

Civil 2015 Bad Hatch Performance

Hi, anyone else here having the same problem with Hatch in 2015? It is basicly very slow when creating one, selecting one, or doing any changes to it. Open the same file in 2014. And everything works fine. Updated latest drivers and etc...

16 gb ram

Intel 510 SSD disk

AMD FirePro V9700

Maybe there is a setting or something im missing out on??

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Pointdump
in reply to: Waterfree

W,

2015 seems to be picky about Graphics Cards. I find it much slower at everything than 2014. It doesn't like my Nvidia Card, even though 2014 liked it just fine. I can offer no specific fix, but I suggest nosing around here:

Accelrte.png

Or perhaps investigate the System Variables for Hatches:

Hatch.png

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 3
Cadguru42
in reply to: Waterfree

@Waterfree wrote:

Hi, anyone else here having the same problem with Hatch in 2015? It is basicly very slow when creating one, selecting one, or doing any changes to it. Open the same file in 2014. And everything works fine. Updated latest drivers and etc...

16 gb ram

Intel 510 SSD disk

AMD FirePro V9700

Maybe there is a setting or something im missing out on??

There's lots of problems with 2015's performance. What's strange is that the same video driver and the same card on the same machine can cause 2015 to perform much slower than 2014 does. A lot has to do with Autodesk changing things such as the graphics of object selection, the glyphs and the UI itself. I think they underestimated how much of a performance hit those changes would make to the overall feel of the software.

C3D 2022-2024
Windows 10 Pro
32GB RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report