Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil 2004 pipeworks bugs

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
awingert
136 Views, 2 Replies

Civil 2004 pipeworks bugs

First. Am I in the correct group? I didn't see Civil 2004 just 3D. If Civil 2004 is a separate group, where is it?

Windows XP home edition Ver. 5.1 non networked.

I keep going to adjust pipeworks settings and getting messages that it can't create or find the necessary files, especially with the node values. I can create a new project, copy the tins, and have it work fine.

I tried downloading the patch yesterday and it eliminated the serial number. The software had to be completely uninstalled & reinstalled to work.

Does anyone have any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: awingert

Civil3D is the new product from Autodesk that is evolving to a replacement/alternative for the Land Desktop Series and is available only to those on subscription. Civil Design, Survey, and Land Desktop (all versions) are all covered in the Land Desktop discussion group. -- Karl Fuls PLS Autocad AEC Training and Consulting Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator AnnW wrote: > First. Am I in the correct group? I didn't see Civil 2004 just 3D. > If Civil 2004 is a separate group, where is it? > > Windows XP home edition Ver. 5.1 non networked. > > I keep going to adjust pipeworks settings and getting messages that > it can't create or find the necessary files, especially with the node > values. I can create a new project, copy the tins, and have it work > fine. > > I tried downloading the patch yesterday and it eliminated the serial > number. The software had to be completely uninstalled & reinstalled > to work. > > Does anyone have any ideas?
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: awingert

Ann, I'm not sure of this, but if you're DATA directory is located under Program Files\Land Dektop install location, AND you do NOT have administrator priviledges on your XP install, then that may be the problem (cannot write to the settings in that directory). You can change the data directory through the SDSK.DFM file, or get administrator rights - I think you'll need them to modify SDSK.DFM anyway. If that's not the problem, other things could be file or pathnames problems, or too long. I recall there being a limit on the pathname length for the DATA dir items, but I can't recall exatly what the limit is. Also, Like Karl mentioned, you should be posting Land Desktop questions to the "land-desktop" discussion group. Hope that helps. Mike Autodesk, Inc. Michael Rogerson Product Design "AnnW" wrote in message news:18883489.1081875380162.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > First. Am I in the correct group? I didn't see Civil 2004 just 3D. If Civil 2004 is a separate group, where is it? > > Windows XP home edition Ver. 5.1 non networked. > > I keep going to adjust pipeworks settings and getting messages that it can't create or find the necessary files, especially with the node values. I can create a new project, copy the tins, and have it work fine. > > I tried downloading the patch yesterday and it eliminated the serial number. The software had to be completely uninstalled & reinstalled to work. > > Does anyone have any ideas?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report