Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Network Pathing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
autodesk
325 Views, 2 Replies

Check Network Pathing

I am gearing up for a server upgrade. With that process we are consolidating two drives into one. We had all of our standards on the network and those were moved so we could eliminate one of the drives. I then had all of the machines updated so the network locations now point to the new location.

Since I have done that and eliminated the old location, C3D2011 has been running slow off and on.

My thoughts are there is something still pointing to the old location, but I cannot think what that would be. Is there anyway to search for path locations?

We changed the following setting locations:

Printer Support File Path -> Printer Configuration Search Path

Printer Support File Path -> Printer Description File Search Path

Printer Support File Path -> Plot Style Table Search Path

Template Settings -> Drawing Template File Location

Template Settings -> Sheet Set Template File Location

Template Settings -> Default Template File Name for QNEW

Set Pipe Network Catalog location

The current server is SBS2003 (which is one of the reasons why we will be upgrading the server).

It is not isolated to one machine also.

Thanks,

Andrew Roberts

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
autodesk
in reply to: autodesk

Since the old drive is still available, I copied back the settings location and this seemed to fix the problem. So now I know that there is still something in the template or search path still looking for something in the old network location.

Anyone know of a way to look for these paths?

Or of anything related to templates, plotters, sheet set template, or pipe networks where a network location is embedded into a style or other setting?

Thanks,

Andrew Roberts

Message 3 of 3
david.zavislan
in reply to: autodesk

A quick way to find any settings that are still referencing the old server is to search the registry.  Use the Regedit program and search the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.1\ACAD-9000:409, and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R18.1\ACAD-9000:409 keys for the old server name.  AutoCAD\R18.1\ACAD-9000:409 is for Civil 3D 2011.

As always recommended, backup any keys with the Export command before editing.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report