Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Plotter for Sheet Sets

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
brodour
2471 Views, 6 Replies

Changing Plotter for Sheet Sets

I just started to use sheet sets for plotting, and I have hit a snag. My first sheet set wants to plot on 24x36, which isn't necessarily what I want (we usually plot check sets on 11x17, so I need to change the output plotter occasionally). If I go to 'manage page Setups', I get an error message that reads, "The file required to complete this action was not found. You must select a file for Page Setup Override storage to complete this action"
It then prompts me to select a file, but the properties that display don't say anything like, "Default plotter" or "Default output". Attached is a screen cap of what I am seeing as I ask this.

Really, all I need is a little advice on how to change a sheet set to plot on 24x36 or 11x17 on the fly, depending on our needs. Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tcorey
in reply to: brodour

You need to create an AutoCAD drawing template file. Inside that file, you need to create page setups for the various sizes/sheets you will use as overrides. Be sure it is saved as a .DWT.

Back in Sheet Set Manager, specify this DWT as the Page Setup Overrides file. Now when you want to plot using overrides, each page setup you created in the template will be available on the cascading menu.

Tim Corey

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 7
JeffPaulsen

Another option is to select the sheets in the SSM then right-click an go to Publish > Publish Dialog Box. Then highlight all the sheets in the Publish dialog, pick the down arrow under page setup and select Import. You can then browse to a drawing or template file and select an existing page setup to import into the publish job.
Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 4 of 7
brodour

Thanks for the help, but I'm not seeing any option that lets me get to page setup. Attached is what I see when I attempt to follow your instructions- it's quite possible I misunderstood what you're telling me!
Message 5 of 7
brodour

Actually I think I found it. The problem is, depending on who was working on a drawing and what they have their page setup as, some sheets may be set to our 11x17 printer and some to our plotter. So if I specify 'use plotter in page setup' then some sheets may end up full size and some on check set size.

There's no way to tell AutoCAD, "Plot all the sheets selected to this printer device on this paper size" just plain and simple? Or is that where Tim's suggestion (above) comes in?
Message 6 of 7
CeaJae

Tim is right on the money.

Just configure your page setups in the template and make sure you specify this template in the sheet set properties.

Then it's just a matter of selecting the sheets you want to print, then right click and navigate to the "Publish" flyout, then look for the "Publish using page setup override" flyout, then you should see a list of all the page setups you configured in the template.

Then you can print reductions, color utilities, etc without modifying the page setups stored withing each sheet drawing or layout.

Very handy for half size sets.

Hope this helps.
Message 7 of 7
brodour

I understand. Thanks, guys.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report