AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Mentor
oceanside
Message 11 of 15 (303 Views)

Re: Changing Pipe Material

08-22-2013 02:09 PM in reply to: oceanside

You can go to Home....Create Design....Part Builder...go to Pipes in your Part Catalog....select a pipe...such as Reinforced Concreate Pipe...select the Modify Part Sizes box (should be second box on bottom)...the drawing of pipe should open up with detail on left...expand Pipe..expand Part Configuration...right click name of pipe...edit name there....be sure to Validate...& Save Part Family (symbols up top).....

the best is at the beach!
fordtruckman
Message 12 of 15 (299 Views)

08-22-2013 02:17 PM in reply to: oceanside
Can you show me a screen shot of that last step? I found everything all the way to "Parts Configuration" but then there are a few fields listed there with icons next to them. One says "PVC Pipe" at the top already and the only other one I can change says "Undefined"

I thought that was it, changes "Undefined" to "PVC" but it doesn't fix the problem.
Mentor
oceanside
Message 13 of 15 (290 Views)

08-22-2013 02:31 PM in reply to: fordtruckman

Change the Material in the Parts Catalog (instead of Part Builde) under Pipes to PVC... that was the first thing I suggested especially if you already have a parts catalog.  .I'm on East Coast so I'm leaving for the day......I'll check on this tomorrow.....

the best is at the beach!
Mentor
PorterCAD
Message 14 of 15 (285 Views)

08-22-2013 03:43 PM in reply to: fordtruckman

I believe I figured it out.  Check out the attached PDF.  I'm sorry for not posting it sooner.  I got busy and, well, you know.  Then I was reminded when the chatter began again.  This was my work around.  I don't know if it's the most efficient, but it worked for me. 

Tell me what you think,

Jason

Jason Porter
Enceptia Technical Advisor & Civil Solutions Blogger
http://enceptia.com/author/jporter/
fordtruckman
Message 15 of 15 (278 Views)

08-22-2013 03:57 PM in reply to: PorterCAD
From what I can tell that looks like it will work excellently! I will check it out tonight, or maybe tomorrow, and get back to you on how it works for me!

Thanks!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.