Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing label text to all caps?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kappasigma
4569 Views, 5 Replies

Changing label text to all caps?

At the moment, I'm labeling features on my drawing with stations/offsets, but this question really applies to all label settings - is there any way to restrict the label text to be in all caps? I know I can just type in the station/offset labels manually but I'd like to be able to use the automatic-updating functionality of AutoCAD 3D. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
toyhonda86
in reply to: kappasigma

Go into the label style, highlight your text and right click.  This will give you options to change case in the label style which should work for any labels using that style. See Attached.

Adam

Windows 7 x 64
NVIDIA Quadro K2200
16 GB Ram
Intel Core i7-6700 @ 3.40 GHz
Civil 3D 2017
Message 3 of 6
kappasigma
in reply to: toyhonda86

Thank you so much!

Message 4 of 6
ramcode00

I found this amazing app: https://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/RVT/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3Acasetools...

by Joe Sferrazza.

Works like a charm with any Autodesk product. You can change any font (notes, levels, ttiles, etc) to all caps, lowercaps, Sentence, and Title.

For $5 he saved me hours of work becuase my draftaman was using al caps and I use Sentence. So at the end we had a mess of mixed text styles. I bought the app, installed it and five minutes after I had the whole project reading beautifully and consistently.

Message 5 of 6
johngordon6189

edit the label text, higlight the text and press ctrl+shift+u for uppercase or ctrl+shift+l for lowercase, just like you can when editing text.

John Gordon
CAD Manager/Survey Technician

C3D 2018/2020
Microstation
Windows 10
Message 6 of 6
rmichaels85

Go to Edit Label, in the label parameters, change the text under "sample value" to all caps. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report