Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing contours and breaklines back into points

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jeffs100
322 Views, 3 Replies

Changing contours and breaklines back into points

Hello,

For a school project we were given a dwg file that had already had all of the contours breaklines and linework etc done for us and have to design a road. After I designed a roadway corridor and new surface for it I am trying to see the updated contour lines and surface but they do not show up it just shows the line work for the roads curbs sidewalk etc. When given the orginal file there is no point groups or surfaces or anything in the toolspace. Any help or suggestions on how to get contours to show up and update and possibly get back to orginal points would be appreciated.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sboon
in reply to: jeffs100

If you want to see a finished grade surface with a combination of the existing and corridor surfaces then I don't see any reason why you would want to extract the points etc.

Create a new empty surface.  Paste the existing surface into it, then paste the corridor top surface in.  The result should be what you're looking for.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: sboon

When given the orginal file there is no point groups or surfaces or anything in the toolspace.  

That statement has me scratching my head.

Bill

Message 4 of 4
sboon
in reply to: jeffs100

After re-reading the OP now I'm somewhat confused too.  If you only have contours then you don't have an original surface.  You may be able to recreate in from those contours and then use the solution I posted earlier.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report