Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change layer of viewport or xref in multiple layouts

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
724 Views, 3 Replies

Change layer of viewport or xref in multiple layouts

Hello,

Is there a way to change the layer of a viewport in multiple layouts? or the layer that an xref is on in multiple layouts?

I have about 50 layouts for xsections. The viewport is on the same layer as teh title block xref. So, I want to freeze the viewport layer.

I have tried qselect and ssx and they both only seem to change in one layout at a time.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
deltacoolguy
in reply to: Anonymous

First, separate the viewport(s) and title block xrefs into different layers.

Second, you can then set the viewport layer to automatically freeze whenever a new viewport is created.  If the viewports are already created, then I think you have to do each one individually by going into the viewport and freezing the viewport layer.

Windows 10-64 Pro
8GB RAM (Home)
12GB RAM (Work)
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2019
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: deltacoolguy

Im trying to avoid opening up each layout to switch the layers of each layout. I have about 50 xsection sheets and they take a long time to load each layout tab.

all the layouts and xsection sheets are already created.

Message 4 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: Anonymous

I am sure this won't help much, but I wonder why you set up 50 layouts in one file.

On the other hand, if you have ToolPac by Dotsoft, I believe Terry has a way to perform your task.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report