Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change label text

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
rob
Explorer
2571 Views, 10 Replies

Change label text

So, This is my first post. I have scoured topics and haven't quite found what I'm looking for so, if it's been answered I apologize. I am a Land Surveyor and I am preparing a topographic survey for civil design. I would like to label the TC\FL automatically. To do so I am using a label style with an expression that adds 0.50 to the surface elevation. I am picking my FL shot so that the FL text reads correct but, of course, the TC is exactly 0.50' higher, as instructed. In alot of cases on this project the TC fluctuates greatly between .4' to .8 above the FL. After labeling the curb is there a way I can manually change those TC labels that are significantly different that 0.50' above the FL? I hope I have described my question well enough...Thanks!
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
tcorey
in reply to: rob

Yes, pick the label, and then, on the Ribbon, select Edit Label Text.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 11
rob
Explorer
in reply to: tcorey

Under the "edit label text" I don't see anyting that will allow me to change the text from lets say 20.01 to 20.21. I added a screenshot of the editor. Thank you for responding...
Message 4 of 11
tcorey

Replace the code and the brackets with the actual number. It might say something like 

TC = <[TC(P2|RN|AP|GC|UN|Sn|OF)]>. Replace the <[TC(P2|RN|AP|GC|UN|Sn|OF)]> with your number. Now it might say TC = 200.91 with no coding. The coding is only valid if the expression is valid.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 11
AllenJessup

Select the Label, right click and select Edit Label Text. Then select the component. That will open the Component Editor. You'll have to replace the portion of the label doing the calculation (the Expression) with the actual number.

bc1.PNG

bc2.PNG

Otherwise you need to create an express for every possible variation.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
wfberry

I don't think your screenshot made it.  However, in the dark window on the right, take your cursor and drag it over the existing text and type what you want.

Bill

Apologies to Tim if he is responding.

Message 7 of 11
rob
Explorer
in reply to: wfberry

Thank you Tim! That did allow me to change the text. Gonna be a long night doing them all this way, lol. WFBerry, I don't see anyting other than code in the dark window to the right.
Message 8 of 11
rob
Explorer

Message 9 of 11
rob
Explorer

Sorry WFBerry, I see you were just explaning how to replace the code with new text, got it! Thanks guys!!
Message 10 of 11
ericcollins6932

Might be better to duplicate your FL file, edit it with your TC values and load it again into another point group? You might have to create a second label style with different offsets to get the positioning right, but better than manually editing points on-screen.

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019
Message 11 of 11
IanMcClain

Look into User defined properties: you can create a custom field for points to enter say a curb height. It will show up in the properties window for any point you select. This can then be added or subtracted via an expression. The expression can then be called for in a point label style. Save that to a template and you will be set.

Ian McClain

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report