Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Direction of Pipe in Pipe Network

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
martin888888
5316 Views, 6 Replies

Change Direction of Pipe in Pipe Network

I have a pipe out of a manhole as part of a network and I need to change the direection of it.  It is a 12" pipe out of the manhole but it is being labeled as "IN".  When I go to pipe properties the "End Invert Elevation" is at the manhole when that should acutally be the "Begin Invert Elevation".

Is there a way to change the direction of a pipe in a network?  Is the "Change Flow Direction" command the way to do it?  I have tried that with no success.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: martin888888

Grip edit the pipe, first move one end away from the structure, next move the other end and attach to the first structure, then move the first end to the second structure. Adjust inverts as necessary.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 7
martin888888
in reply to: Jeff_M

oh jeez, I cant believe there is not a better way to do it

Message 4 of 7
Jeff_M

Actually, changing the Pipe Flow Direction property should work. I just like the method I described because I always want my pipes flowing from start to end...just something I've always done.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 7
cfiorica

Change the flow direction of the pipe to "By Slope" and your labels should work.  That's how it should be, can't figure out why Autodesk doesn't allow for that to be the default on gravity systems.

Carl M. Fiorica, P.E., LEED A.P.
BWE, Inc
9494 Balboa Ave, Ste 270
San Diego, CA 92123
Message 6 of 7
ChuckLamping
in reply to: cfiorica

So, if you want the whole network to be "By Slope" you can highlight all the pipes in the network pipe panorama, right click on the column heading that says "Flow Method" and pick Edit and change them all to By Slope.  Don't know why Autodesk won't let you set this as a command setting, but you can fix them all quickly after the fact.  Also, I had the program hang up on me once when I did this, so as always save first.  

Chuck Lamping, PE
Civil 3D 2017 SP1.1
Message 7 of 7
TiStars
in reply to: ChuckLamping

Thank you!

I thought it did work any more on 2022 but ended up finding I clicked the wrong colum. 

天涯海角的山姆

您认为此帖子是否有用?欢迎为此帖点赞。

您的问题是否已得到解答?请点击“接受解答”按钮。

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report