AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
kevincurrey
Message 1 of 3 (68 Views)

Change default structure of Project folders

68 Views, 2 Replies
05-26-2005 04:26 PM
Is there a way to change the default folder structure of projects? We really don't need all those folders, in fact they would really just get in the way. We would rather have one folder for "Data." That's it. I really don't even want to use projects, but apparently there's no way to use data shortcuts without projects (contrary to what's been advertised). All we want to do is be able to separate the data from the every-day drawing work; and keep our organization SIMPLE. Thanks.

Kevin Currey
Active Contributor
Jonathan Burgoyne
Message 2 of 3 (68 Views)

Re: Change default structure of Project folders

05-27-2005 12:18 PM in reply to: kevincurrey
Hi Kevin,

Outside the project environment, you can create data shortcuts using the Data Shortcut vista. (General > Data Shortcuts > Edit Data Shortcuts).

To make a data shortcut available to other drawings, you then export it.

Regards,

Jonathan Burgoyne
Autodesk
Distinguished Contributor
kevincurrey
Message 3 of 3 (68 Views)

Re: Change default structure of Project folders

05-27-2005 12:47 PM in reply to: kevincurrey
Is there a way to make the shortcut stay referenced after a file has been closed? If I have a drawing with a data reference in it, the reference disappears the next time I open the file. I have to re-import the shortcut, then synchronize.
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.