Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change coordinate base point and rotation of project

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
b.stark
2016 Views, 4 Replies

Change coordinate base point and rotation of project

Hoping someone might have a miracle solution.

The problem I am faced with:

Been working on a project resurrected from several years ago. Project drawings were all setup in an arbitrary coordinate system. We go about doing design on the project using alignments, corridors, feature lines, pipes etc. in civil 3d(2014) with the original files we were provided. Surveyors went out to do some topo on connecting streets and surveyed in state plane coordinates. This is about 6,500,000 feet from where we have done all of our design drawings and sheets. They (surveyors, agency, client) are now saying that we have to move everything into the coordinates the surveyors are using which they have given us a distance and rotation.

I believe this would actually be pretty easy if it were just a move, which would mean we would only need to change our base point using the BASE command. The rotation is where things get dicey.

Does anyone have any kind of solution to this problem? I cant imagine we are the first ones to encounter a situation like this.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions you might have.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
antoniovinci
in reply to: b.stark

Command: _ALIGN

Message 3 of 5
Pointdump

Yup. ALIGN. Easiest way.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 4 of 5
mathewkol

If it were me, I would be looking in the contract for details on whether or not it was a requirement that the project be coordinated to any given system. If not, well, you'd have justification not to take on this new requirement or at least you could charge it as an extra. Just a thought...
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 5
b.stark
in reply to: Pointdump

Although it does not work perfectly for my situation, this does work for whatever reason, better than a move and rotation. If only alignment/surface labels would rotate with everything that would be awesome!!

I wish there were a way to change the drawing base point and north so I didnt have to redo viewports and adjust civil 3d labels though.

Ideally not having to do this would be the best option but unfortunately I could not do that in this case.

Thank you all for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report